Global Express/Unitrans International enquiry

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
Emily7

Global Express/Unitrans International enquiry

Postby Emily7 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:33 pm

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

I fear I may have been a victim of an Internet scam.

After having paid my large deposit, my international move packing date (which was very important since a the new owner needed to occupy my house and had a moving truck arriving) started sliding. The container arrived 3 days late, and the "movers" arrived the next day:- consisting of 2 guys with a full truck, no packing materials, and 2 laborers from the local labor exchange.

Needless to say, they were nor equipped or able to pack a large container in 1 day, there was no supervision, and left after I threatened legal action leaving me with a half-packed container sitting in my driveway.

I have contacted the container company and so far is has cost me $1000 to move my other stuff out of the house and get the container moved so that the new owner could take possession of his home.

I am at a loss of what to do. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Diane

Re: Global Express/Unitrans International enquiry

Postby Diane » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:36 pm

Hi - I suggest that you sign up for membership here so that people can send you Private Messages without having the public be able to read everything said. Also, please post where you are located and where you were moving the container to.

Emily7

Postby Emily7 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:38 pm

Shipment is from Tennessee to South Africa

Diane

Postby Diane » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:40 pm

Are you talking about Global Moving Express, or if not, what is the website for this Global Express? Are you talking about the Unitrans International in CA or in FL? What is its website? We need to know what companies you are dealing with because many have similar names.

Emily7

Postby Emily7 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:56 pm

This was a quote I had gotten through an enquiry form completed on monstermoving.com

Unitrans International Inc
3901 South Ocean Dr. #2Y
Hollywood, FL

ICC MC# 461-464

www.unitransintl.com

The dealings thereafter were with Global Express out of New Jersey. I have no website for them and when contacting Unitrans were told they were the same company.

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:10 am

OK, thanks; there is someone posting as "hardatwork" here who will undoubtedly be able to advise you tomorrow. It appears that you are involved with the scam Unitrans. I suggest that you sign up for membership by clicking on the "Register" button above and then go to sleep and we will try to help you later.

Emily7

Postby Emily7 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:12 am

Thanks.

I have registered.

Emily7

Postby Emily7 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:26 pm

The local police have been very supportive and provided excellent advice and support.

It will never cease to amaze me how exploitable and vulnerable one can appear to be at certain times.

Fight back!
Caveat Emptor!

Return to “International Moves”