Moving overseas. Need suggestions.

A forum for questions and information about packing, loading and other helpful tips (not related to researching or selecting moving companies).
markedward13

Moving overseas. Need suggestions.

Postby markedward13 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:15 am

Hey all!! I’m planning to move overseas, to my brothers place and have been searching for a good moving service. I’ve heard lots of scary stories of people being robbed by the moving guys and so I am looking for a moving service that can really be trusted. I have found this overseas moving service which seems really good. Also, they have pet relocation service which I am really in need of. Has anyone used their service before. Could really use some suggestions here.

Jeff.Walker

Re: Moving overseas. Need suggestions.

Postby Jeff.Walker » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:18 pm

This almost reads like an advertisement for the mover in question (similar to posts in the past), but I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume its not for now.

My recommendation is to get 3 in-home estimates from different international moving companies. If you're having problems finding them you can look to our International Mover's section to the left side of this page. Any of these companies will do well for you, and can help you find a pet mover if needed. No matter what you do, make sure you only work with movers who will give you an in-home estimate, as this protects you from the bad actors who take an inventory over the phone, show up at your house and tell you that you have more stuff than you told them, and increase the price after they have everything loaded on the truck.

I would also recommend you read through these articles:
"How to Find a Reputable Moving Company"
"Why do I need an In-Home Estimate?"
"Watch out for Red Flags when Moving"
"What To Look For On Your Bill Of Lading"
"A Guide to International Shipping"

Good luck with your move.

Return to “Helpful Moving Information”