Finding a container shipping company

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
ozziebound

Finding a container shipping company

Postby ozziebound » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:15 am

:D
We're moving to Austrlai next year. We'd like to do our own packing, and just ship the container to Australia.
I've found UPakWeShip - based in Jessup MD. I've checked them on the BBB website and there are no complaints against them.
Does anybody have any information about this company, or any suggestions about container shipping to Australia.
Any information would be much appreciated.

Rinkens

Re: Finding a container shipping company

Postby Rinkens » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:19 pm

Where are you moving from? You are aware the container will be 4ft in the air correct? Let me know what questions you have.

Regards,
Joey

hardatwork

Postby hardatwork » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:35 pm

While there is no negative reports on the office in Jessup MD on this webiste there is no positive reports from other who were thinking of using this company's service.

We highly recommend that you at least contact the recommend international shippers listed in the Sticky at the top of this section. They was reports on file from prior consumers who have used theie services. All of these companies can provide a very competitive rate for you on shipping a container to Australia. I am sure they can advise you details regarding loading and and documentation requirements.

Should you require additional information please feel free to ask.

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:50 am

[bogus post removed by administrator]

ozziebound

Postby ozziebound » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:04 pm

Thanks to all those who replied. I'm going to thoroughly review all the information and then make some contacts to get quotes.
As we will be shipping minimum furniture, and most of the furniture we are shipping can be disassembled, I think the container, without the packers and movers should be okay for us.

Thanks for the help. :lol:

Guest22222

Postby Guest22222 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:08 am

It will be very hard to clear a personally packed shipment into Australia. The customs agents do not like to see Packed by Owner- contents unknown (PBO-CU) on inventories. Or an unprofessional packing list. I would beware of companies that say you can pack for any overseas shipment. Good Luck!

hardatwork

Postby hardatwork » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:51 pm

You just need to be sure that with the help of your forwarder you complete a professional inventory to show the contents of all cartons and packages within the container.

YOu jsut have to do a little upfront work to assure you have accounted for everything in the container. Making sure all items are listed on the packing list matches the contents within the container.

Basically you just have to do the same thing the international movers is going to do for you. It is not difficult.

Return to “International Moves”