unitrans global..

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
Diane

Re: unitrans global..

Postby Diane » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:05 pm

Here is the contact information for Stevens:
Stevens International at www.stevensworldwide.com, 260-244-7004 (ask for Michelle or email her - michelle.dillon at stevensworldwide.com)
Please, please use it! You are under time pressure and in great danger of being scammed! You might also want to contact Rainier, as their pricing may be somewhat lower. Do not believe whatever lowball offer you may have received from Unitrans/Global.

hxs88121

Postby hxs88121 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:06 pm

thanx guys...

this site has been of great help to me...

first i was going to go with Echo trans world...then i found he was a scam from the website..

then i chose unitrans...they are scamm too...

cant believe all these ppl..how does FMC license them??

Rinkens

Postby Rinkens » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:07 pm

Please please please do not let someone quote you based on weight. Weight means nothing and volume means everything. With weight they can raise the price on you and it would be very difficult for you to fight. With volume it is what it is and you can measure it yourself. Alot of moving companies will quote on weight because that is what they are used to, being that local long distance within the U.S. weight does matter. With such a small shipment you may have trouble getting someone to your house to provide an estimate so even more reason to go on volume. Also no matter who does the job please make sure they pack the items inside a lift van (approx. 200cuft 1300 pounds) as this shipment will be handled by alot of companies as I doubt you found a direct co loader to India. Probably the items would be delivered to Antwerp or another base port in Europe and then sent to India from there. If items are just on a pallet you will not be happy when they arrive.

Just my opinion anyway,
Joey

hxs88121

Postby hxs88121 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:23 pm

has anyone heard about allied van lines?

they are based in Michigan too..

thnx

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:18 pm

Now you're finding names of major Van Lines. United, Allied, Atlas, Mayflower, and several others are all companies that have satellite locations, called agents, all around the country. You find the agent closest to you, they pick up your things, and they coordinate with other agents and the Van Line itself to get your load to the new place. In your case, they are also able to ship overseas.

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:58 pm

MusicMom wrote:HXS, it appears as if the entire world is typing on your thread at the same time! :wink:

i THINK THAT YOU ARE CONFUSING Globex shipping (Global expres) with global ocean freight wich is totally different...

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:00 pm

It's possible that the person typing the complaint I quoted mistook your company for Global Ocean Freight, but that is not the only complaint for Globex/Unitrans.

Return to “International Moves”