moving to denmark

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
ssbhill

moving to denmark

Postby ssbhill » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:23 am

My wife, infant and I are moving to Denmark from Laguna Beach, CA on December 12th. I have quotes from a 1/2 dozen companies, some internet, some from this site and I have had two onsites quotes. One from Marlog, the price from them was great basically 5.50 per cubic foot, this sounds too good to be true. There is nothing good or bad about Marlog anywhere. I need some advice. Are there any other companies that would be good for this move?

twalker
Site Admin

Re: moving to denmark

Postby twalker » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:03 am

They have a C rating with the Better Business Bureau including one complaint that they didn't even bother to respond to. The only other information I could find was this consumer (read the bottom post):

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5871

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

Rinkens

Postby Rinkens » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:08 pm

To begin Marlog is our biggest competitor in Los Angeles area. Now having said that I can tell you they are a very good company and will do a fine job for you. Did they give you an estimated volume? Is that 5.50 door to door? If you want more information on them you can also search under Schumacher Cargo (Same company). If you give me some more details on the move I will be happy to look it up and tell you what the exact cost of the move is and what the profit is.

Regards,
Joey

olof

Postby olof » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:22 am

I moved from Boston, MA to Stockholm, Sweden with a "port-to-door" arrangement with Marlog cargo. When I asked how long time it would take to ship the stuff to Stockholm, I was told approximately 8 weeks. In reality it took 13 weeks, which was a disappointment of course. It did take about 8 weeks for the stuff to reach Europe, but then it was stuck in a warehouse in UK for several weeks and then routed via Denmark to Sweden. On the other hand, the people at the company were generally friendly (replied to emails fairly quickly etc. ) and all my stuff (~200 cu ft, no car) arrived in good shape.

Tony Montana

Postby Tony Montana » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:30 am

who was this company who kept your shipment in store? you paid storage??? :shock:

hardatwork

Postby hardatwork » Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:48 am

He would not have paid storage as it was the UK who could not deliver the housegoods in a timely manner which is a common problem for shipments that transfer over England going into the Scandanavia areas.

SM

Postby SM » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:04 am

I had the Marlog movers come yesterday to pack up my goods (approx. 350 cu. ft.) to move from Los Angeles to Sydney, Australia. Marlog's quote was the most competetive at $8/cu. ft. for door to door service including packing (although I did pack most of my stuff to minimize space). The packers were good and very efficient (in and out in 3 hours).

I came across this site when I googled "Marlog Schumacher" when trying to search for their contact details as I need to call them. I probably should have checked this site before I signed with them!

I did check them out through the moving company we used to get from Sydney to Los Angeles. That company's quote was very high but they were open in saying that they were not the cheapest but have corporate deals secured. They said they had not heard anything (good or bad) about Marlog Schumacher.

So, I'm going on the theory that no news is good news?!

Guru

Postby Guru » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:23 pm

Its a good rate, fair service, if its via the UK it may take an additional 3-4 weeks from clearance to DK, but a good choice.

ssbhill wrote:My wife, infant and I are moving to Denmark from Laguna Beach, CA on December 12th. I have quotes from a 1/2 dozen companies, some internet, some from this site and I have had two onsites quotes. One from Marlog, the price from them was great basically 5.50 per cubic foot, this sounds too good to be true. There is nothing good or bad about Marlog anywhere. I need some advice. Are there any other companies that would be good for this move?

Return to “International Moves”