moving from Cincinnati, OH to SW of France

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
Cheenook

moving from Cincinnati, OH to SW of France

Postby Cheenook » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:39 pm

Hello,

We are about to move overseas, which gets crazy and information is hard to find, however i stumbled onto your website and found some good information so far.

I was considering, Atlas International, United Van lines/Unigroup Relocation, SDC international Shipping.

Sent a Quote to Rainier and Corrigan. Cancelled a quote from International movers Network because too many bad feedback, they gave me a quote that was half the price of every other and didn't react until I mentionned it weeks later (to shady and screwd up my bidget prevision).

So far, United Van lines sent a surveyor for free and no obligation to hire them, lady was very nice, took the time to check everything, asked about items I didn't show to make sure we were not forgetting anything. I haven't got the quote back yet.

Atlas said the survey is included in the rates, so I guess they don't provide one unless you hire them. Not sure if that's ok.

I as wondering if anyody hired any of these companies to ship to France, and what was your feedback. Thank you

Jeff.Walker

Re: moving from Cincinnati, OH to SW of France

Postby Jeff.Walker » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:55 pm

Hi Cheenook,
I'm not an expert in International shipping, but am familiar with Atlas and United international movers. Both should be able to do well for you. I haven't heard of the third company, but that doesn't mean they aren't good, it just means they haven't been mentioned much here. I'm hoping one of the international volunteers can help you out there. You can also look to the list on our left and find some one under our "International Movers" section. Any one of them should be able to help you get a good move.

I would recommend you read our Guide To International Shipping by Ed Singer, if you haven't already. This should provide some good information for you and help you on your way.

If you still need help, and one of our international volunteers hasn't jumped in in the next day or so, PM me and I'll contact one and ask that they take a look at your post.

Good Luck with your move!

Noone

Postby Noone » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:09 pm

Atlas should do a survey - ask them. You are on the right track.

Cheenook

Postby Cheenook » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:15 pm

Thank you both.

I get quote from all the companies.
SDC international Shipping: they offered a facetime survey, when I asked for an on-site survey, they stopped answering. therefore they are highly not recommended

Atlas International : They do visual surveys, when I ask if free or incuded in the rates, they only mentionned it was included in the rates, so I won't go with them.

, United Van lines/Unigroup Relocation, : they sent a really nice lady to do the survey, she explained customs, liftvans, .... I haven't heard back yet though.

Rainier : Answered pretty fast, schedule a survey the next day and gave a quote the following. Nice guy, told me having the company pack and unpack allows the custmer to get a liability insurance if something is lost or damaged.

and Corrigan : they used the same 3rd arty around cincinnati as United van lines, so she got the information from the surveyor and sent me a quote pretty fast.

I'll wait to see if United comes bck with a quote soon, but so far Corrigan is about $1000 cheaper than Rainier.

Hopes this helps somebody else.

Noone

Postby Noone » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:26 pm

Assuming you compare the Rainier, Corrigan, and one other quote, be sure to read the quotes, line by line, paying attention to what is and isn't included.
It could well be that one company is including the THC fees in France and the other has those fees listed under "Not Included".
Also, check the estimated volume and survey sheets to make sure all quotes are based on what you want to ship.
Of course, calculate how much insurance you will need and what that will cost.

Return to “International Moves”