Move from Switzerland to California

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
swissmiss

Move from Switzerland to California

Postby swissmiss » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:25 am

Hello!

We are planning a medium (?) sized moved from Lausanne, Switzerland to California. We will be taking only a few pieces of furniture and odd shaped objects (2 bikes, 2 sets of x-country skies) and the rest will be boxes. We have estimated everything at about 5-6 cubic meters. We have received a few offers for pack yourself (around 3'500 USD) and they back (4000 USD). I have heard Switzerland is expensive as an origin location, but I have no idea if this is reasonable or not? Any help there?

Also, I can't seem to find anything online about one of the companies : Reloswiss. Does anyone have any experience with them? Or can recommend any other companies to ask for offers?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Noone

Re: Move from Switzerland to California

Postby Noone » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:08 am

I also don't know about reloswiss and don't see much online.

The price seems about right.

Let me know what is written under the "Not Included" section of each quote.

swissmiss

Postby swissmiss » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:34 pm

Thanks for your reply! Here is what is written in the offer (not very detailed compared to others we received):

Excluded are any duties and taxes, storage, physical customs exam or x-ray, long hand carry
or shuttle due to difficult access at origin or destination, higher than 2end floor without lift,
heavy items like piano, safe etc.

What do you think? Thanks so much for your help!

Noone

Postby Noone » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:25 pm

If the not included section is too detailed, it is usually not a good thing. The price SHOULD include all of the charges the shipping company knows you need to pay, and this does does EXCEPT:

It says it does not include difficult access at Origin. Why Not? Didn't they come over and do an in home survey? If not, ask them to. You're about 40 minutes from Geneva, so it shouldn't be a problem or a cost. If they have done a survey, the price should include access at your home there (as well as parking permits or special equipment if any is required).

If they can't or won't do an in home survey, work with someone that can.

BellaSuiza

Postby BellaSuiza » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:42 am

We used RELOSWISS to move from Switzerland to Singapore. A terrible and dishonest company. The crew did not unseal the container in front of us as they should, and one of our boxes went missing. They refused to take responsibility or handle the insurance.
The crew also completely destroyed our floor and scratched the walls. They did not have proper tools (they even took ours!). Again, they refused to take responsibility.
Never again.

Swissmover

Postby Swissmover » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:55 pm

As you posted such a hateful comment I feel that I have to respond to shed some light on your recent relocation. First of all you forgot to mention that we packed and moved a full 40' container for you with some 300 packages, all of which arrived undamaged with the exception of 1 broken glass. No mover can promise to have a container delivered with the original seal as all internationl moves are subject to customs formalities and inspections.
Instead we have promised to load and unload your container at your residences without any reloading in a truck or at a warehouse. We have kept this promise.
As all your goods were loaded from your residence into the container it is obvious that we cannot have "lost" one of your boxes, we can only assume that you overlooked it yourself when doing the final walkthrough. Besides you can still file a claim for the box and the broken glass, which you have not done so far.
As far as your floor damage is concerned we know that our Singapore partners sent a repair crew out to polish the scratches although there was no evidence that they were caused by the unloading crew. It was noted that you shifted several furniture items with your husband, which may have caused some floor damage as well. There was never any mention about wall damage.
Dear Mrs. A********, we are moving hundreds of satisfied customers throughout the world, never did we have to deal with such deliberate derogatory remarks such as yours.
You are obviously abusing this platform which is intended for clients who are being overcharged or scammed in any way. I would also remind you that terms and conditions of this site prohibit hateful and abusive comments. You did not comply with these terms.

Return to “International Moves”