We-Pack Moving Reviews

Reviews Posted to the Review Verification System will show up here! Add yours!
LHpyFace

We-Pack Moving Reviews

Postby LHpyFace » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:36 pm

Has anyone used We-Pack Moving company recently? Would like any good or bad reviews anyone has on this company. Thanx! :D

Jeff.Walker

Re: We-Pack Moving Reviews

Postby Jeff.Walker » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:06 pm

I would recommend you check your inbox in your email. I responded to the email that you sent in through the comments section of the website.

This company is a broker, not a carrier. We never recommend brokers for household goods moving.

I also gave you several suggestions on how to find a reputable moving company. Please let us know if you have any questions about any of it.

desiprincess

Postby desiprincess » Tue May 30, 2017 10:28 am

We are also interested in We-Pack, but their quote is super low. They don't accept CC, and the sales agent is super interested in my initial deposit. No references to check, and he gave me the run around about their B- BBB rating.

Any of this sound fishy? They are rated on consumer affairs , so it's confusing.

Jeff.Walker

Postby Jeff.Walker » Tue May 30, 2017 10:55 am

Is this the company?
https://ai.fmcsa.dot.gov/hhg/SearchDeta ... t%3DSearch

If so, they are a broker not a mover. Our advice is to avoid brokers if possible when moving your household goods. They charge you for a service which you can perform yourself simply by picking up the phone, except that everything is out of your control. Brokers often times don't research their movers, so you never know what you're going to end up with (often times it can lead to a scam) and if something goes wrong, the mover will tell you to contact the broker, the broker will tell you it's the movers fault and nothing ever gets resolved.

Given that you are in Florida, and Florida has a lot of scammers, I would recommend either doing a self move with ABF or one of the other DIY companies (Budget, Penske), or if you need a full service moving company, call Suddath. They are a reputable mover that's been around for long time and will treat you right. I don't currently have anyone in that state that I would recommend who isn't one of our endorsed movers, but you might try a few of the other endorsed movers if you and Suddath don't hit it off.

Hope this helps!

jrmoch

Postby jrmoch » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:42 pm

Normally I don't take time to review things unless a company goes over and above or are so poor that I don't want someone else to make the same mistake. Unfortunately We Pack falls into the latter scenario. All the fears that I harbored about having a bad move have come true. These issues are split into two categories: 1. We Pack's poor Customer Service (after your stuff is picked up) and 2. We Pack subcontracting the execution of the actual move to low quality moving companies.

Regarding #1, the only smooth part of my move was the initial sales call and the reassurances that I received. My biggest concern was how long it would take the moving company to get my stuff to my new home. We Pack will tell you that contractually they have 10 business days but that in reality your stuff will get there in “Insert Whatever Time Frame You Want to Hear”. Once your stuff gets picked up, the answer reverts back to your stuff will arrive within “10 business days but I can’t give you an exact date”.

We Pack also told me that my stuff was going to be driven directly from the pick up point to my new residence. Do not believe this, my stuff was driven from the pick up point in Ohio to for some reason New Jersey and has been sitting in a warehouse for over a week (note: my new place is in North Carolina). My stuff is going to take the full 2 weeks if I’m lucky, a fact that I only found out about after calling the subcontracted moving company directly. Once your stuff is picked up, don’t expect anyone from We Pack’s customer service team to help you or even call you back. It takes about 15 calls to We Pack’s customer service rep to equal 1 call back. I hope you’re not busy with other things.

Regarding point #2 above, We Pack also put me in a bad situation by utilizing Most Valuable Movers. I have a 1100 SF apartment and it took the moving team a 12 full hours to finish packing and loading my stuff into the truck. They guys were nice enough but one of the two movers was an amateur, my apartment was literally the first move he’s ever completed. His inexperience caused friction with his partner and the two of them almost came to blows. Its not a good sign when you hear aggressive screaming from the street and you look outside and it’s your two movers standing toe to toe by all your stuff sitting out on the sidewalk.

MVP also sent me a form telling me that my delivery was delayed because I didn’t provide them an address. You have to complete a bill of lading and several other documents all of which you need to list your address for them to leave. Clearly they lost that form and as I haven’t gotten my stuff yet God knows if I’m going to get everything on the inventory. Maybe they lost that too.

Long story short, do yourself a favor and go with someone else even if its more expensive. Moving is stressful enough without this level of disregard and incompetence.

Whatamess!

Postby Whatamess! » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:08 pm

Thieves and liars. I worked with someone named Sean. He orchestrated my move with Unique Vanlines. Stole all of my personal belongings. I have nothing they took all of my belongings and just disappeared. Do not use either of these companies. I have turned them in to USDOT, FMCSA, the Attorney General from the point of pick up' and next the BBB.

Lemonzester

Postby Lemonzester » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:13 pm

Do not use this company, at least not in NYC. We-pack was pleasant in booking three months in advance but then as soon as I needed them to be responsive they were nowhere to be found. I needed a certificate of insurance in order to move out of my building and use the elevator, and despite my desperate coordination it was not produced until the night before the move. We-pack subcontracted to a terrible moving company in NJ for my NYC-Baltimore move, who tried to charge me TRIPLE what I was quoted and had totally different policies than we-pack had communicated to me, including an "elevator fee" (?) and a required 15% gratuity, which was taken based on the triple-price quote. I felt totally beholden because, hey, they have all my worldly possessions in their hands. I feel scammed and taken advantage of, possibly because of my gender and youth. Worst of all, I have never seen such a poor packing job - all my belongings, shoved into huge boxes, framed artwork unprotected, broken heirlooms. I ended up paying over double what I was quoted - $5600 for a studio apartment! I have written an email with details and photos, and a week later have yet to hear ANYTHING from We-pack. Terrible experience.

sammy115

Postby sammy115 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:21 pm

Run.Fast.Run
Do not use We-Pack Moving. As stated earlier, We-Pack is a broker. They (Sean) will sell you a bill of goods up front, proclaim on their website that they use only , "qualified carriers with over 100 years combined experience". In addition, the profess that, "customer service is truly our first priority" and pledge to make your move, "as stress free as possible".
Nothing could be further from the truth. We-Pack sent their 'carrier', Rolls Trans on 8/12 for my move from Jax to Washington, DC. I wish my biggest problems were the $800 dollars more then my estimate I was charged, the aggression showed when I questioned why, their refusal to show me how they measured/weighed my belongings to come up with the overage, or the lack of response to those issues. Those issues are reason enough not to use We-Pack and warn others of their deceptive practices.

My real issue is that one of the movers from Rolls Trans, the agent of We-Pack inappropriately touched and made inappropriate comments to a female relative of mine who was overseeing the move for me. A police report has been filed with the Jacksonville Beach Police department and we are committed to making sure that no other women will be put in a vulnerable position by this creep. We-Pack and Rolls Trans were informed of this and there has been no cooperation or customer service. After multiple phone calls and insistence on my end, a 'manager' Michael from We-Pack promised to start an internal investigation and help with the police report. Have never heard back from him despite leaving multiple messages. I have filed a complaint with FMCSA and will pursue arbitration and/or legal options. I strongly encourage anyone who has had a negative experience with We-Pack to do the same. If this is We-Pack's idea of a, 'stress' free move, I would hate to see what constitutes a stressful one. Run. Fast. Run

vickster

Postby vickster » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:52 pm

We contracted with We-Pack and made a deposit a couple weeks ago. Sean was so nice and accommodating but as soon as I made the deposit I emailed him and he was conveniently out of the country and referred me to the customer service dept. I tried for a week to pin down a p/u date and all I could get was "our driver will call you within 24 hours. Well, we're coming up on 2 days before we have to be out of the apartment and the woman says "our driver was in a serious accident, the truck is totaled and he is in the hospital; there is no one to pick up our things. She says I'm sorry and I'll refund your deposit promptly. I doubt this story was true but I was frantic, who can arrange a pickup in two days. She couldn't be sorrier than we are and I would never recommend this company to ANYONE...RUN DON'T WALK AWAY FROM THIS SCAMMING COMPANY!!!
On the bright side, i was able to get a hold of a company out of Chicago, C&D Moving & Storage who sympathized with our situation, accepted the inventory sheet from a another mover, and contracted to pick up our things within two days. I can't thank C & D Moving for stepping up to the plate to help Two Women Without A Truck.

rupert

Postby rupert » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:44 pm

This company is TERRIBLE. DO NOT USE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

I had hired these guys to do a cross country move. I was lied to outright when I asked if they had their own fleet, they DO NOT. I only found out after doing some more digging on DOT website that they, in fact, OWN ZERO TRUCKS.

Anyway, after taking two deposits from me, they disappeared. As another user above wrote, this guy 'Sean" was conveniently out of the country when I needed correspondence and a an actual move date. Passed me to two others in Customer Service (Ty and Nadia), never heard from them. Did some more digging and came across tons of bad reviews for these guys. I decided to fire them right there and then.

Thankfully, my bank was able to get my deposits back, so I'm not out any cash....but my god was this a close call and a super frustrating experience.

The biggest thing to keep in mind is that these guys are BROKERS, not an actual moving company themselves. Which means you pay them to hire out other movers. If anything goes wrong they blame the movers and the movers blame them. RUN. AWAY. FROM. THIS. BUSINESS. ASAP.

mjllawrence

Postby mjllawrence » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:59 pm

If you are thinking of using We Pack Moving, you should know that my move with them was marked by incompetence from beginning to end. Over the course of the move they:

1. Delayed the pickup date by five days due to a “clerical error;”
2. Failed to communicate with me that they were missing essential information regarding my move; this failure delayed delivery by three weeks beyond the original delivery window;
3. Failed to communicate with me following this delay about when I could expect to receive my belongings;
4. After I called them to request an expected delivery date, failed to communicate that delivery would be delayed an additional week beyond the promised date;
5. Twice promised me compensation for the delay, then claimed after the fact that they did not owe me any compensation because the 5-21 business day window I was given was “only an estimate” – ignoring a clause in the contract that expressly provided compensation for such delays;
6. Tried to overcharge me by $200 on the day of delivery; and
7. Ruined one piece of furniture beyond repair and damaged two others – I have filed a claim but have been told that the company has up to 180 days before they are obligated to respond to it. In the meantime, I’m paying for repairs out of my own pocket.

I found We Pack to be a truly incompetent and indifferent moving company. Their customer service agents only picked up the phone a third of the time, and they didn’t respond to voicemail messages. When I did reach agents, they often gave contradictory information. In my experience with them, nothing they said was guaranteed, even when I had it in writing.

If you decide to move with We Pack, good luck and keep your expectations really low.

kimmysawi

Postby kimmysawi » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:00 am

Normally I don't take time to review things unless a company goes over and above or are so poor that I don't want someone else to make the same mistake. Unfortunately We Pack falls into the latter scenario. All the fears that I harbored about having a bad move have come true. These issues are split into two categories: 1. We Pack's poor Customer Service (after your stuff is picked up) and 2. We Pack subcontracting the execution of the actual move to low quality moving companies.

Regarding #1, the only smooth part of my move was the initial sales call and the reassurances that I received. My biggest concern was how long it would take the moving company to get my stuff to my new home. We Pack will tell you that contractually they have 10 business days but that in reality your stuff will get there in “Insert Whatever Time Frame You Want to Hear”. Once your stuff gets picked up, the answer reverts back to your stuff will arrive within “10 business days but I can’t give you an exact date”.

We Pack also told me that my stuff was going to be driven directly from the pick up point to my new residence. Do not believe this, my stuff was driven from the pick up point in Ohio to for some reason New Jersey and has been sitting in a warehouse for over a week (note: my new place is in North Carolina). see reviews of phenq diet pills My stuff is going to take the full 2 weeks if I’m lucky, a fact that I only found out about after calling the subcontracted moving company directly. Once your stuff is picked up, don’t expect anyone from We Pack’s customer service team to help you or even call you back. It takes about 15 calls to We Pack’s customer service rep to equal 1 call back. I hope you’re not busy with other things.

Regarding point #2 above, We Pack also put me in a bad situation by utilizing Most Valuable Movers. I have a 1100 SF apartment and it took the moving team a 12 full hours to finish packing and loading my stuff into the truck. They guys were nice enough but one of the two movers was an amateur, my apartment was literally the first move he’s ever completed. His inexperience caused friction with his partner and the two of them almost came to blows. Its not a good sign when you hear aggressive screaming from the street and you look outside and it’s your two movers standing toe to toe by all your stuff sitting out on the sidewalk.

MVP also sent me a form telling me that my delivery was delayed because I didn’t provide them an address. You have to complete a bill of lading and several other documents all of which you need to list your address for them to leave. Clearly they lost that form and as I haven’t gotten my stuff yet God knows if I’m going to get everything on the inventory. Maybe they lost that too.

Long story short, do yourself a favor and go with someone else even if its more expensive. Moving is stressful enough without this level of disregard and incompetence.
It was just born to terminate with these fictions

tdaily4

Postby tdaily4 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:05 pm

This is why it is important to read reviews about a company and research them before you chose.

Return to “Reviews”