Intermovers won't deliver my items!

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
cczekster

Intermovers won't deliver my items!

Postby cczekster » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:17 am

Hi, I hired Intermovers to move my belongings from New London, CT to St. Andrews, Scotland. They collected my items on the 6th of January 2015, and the items arrived in the UK on the 18th of Fev, and were successfully cleared from customs. Now they have my items and won't deliver because they need more items to deliver to Scotland. I don't know what I can do, since I paid in full and they have all my possessions sitting in storage somewhere. Can I file a claim in some moving organization against intermovers? How much time is considered too much for delivery? they've said it takes 8 weeks on average, but it's been 12 weeks since they collected my move, and they don't have any estimate of a delivery time.
help!

Noone

Re: Intermovers won't deliver my items!

Postby Noone » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:47 pm

If you went as part of a consolidated load (and not an exclusive use container) it is normal for them to price the move based on having other cargo to move at the same time.

At 4 weeks past the estimated delivery time, I think you most certainly have the right to start complaining, but I haven't seen the full terms of the agreement. They may well have a clause in there explaining this.

Here are your options (in no specific order):

1 - Ask them how much extra it would cost to send a special truck.

2 - Send me more details about the company (Intermovers) that you hired (website, address, etc...) and I can see which organizations may be able to help. If it's these guys:
http://www.inter-movers.com/
You can file a complaint with the FMC (or at least ask for their help). I think this is the relevant link:
http://www.fmc.gov/resources/alternativ ... vices.aspx

cczekster

Postby cczekster » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:06 am

Thanks a lot for the links, I had offered to pay extra for an extra truck, but they spent 3 weeks "looking into it". This week I filed a claim on the Best Business Bureau website, and on the next day Intermovers and Dolphin (the company in the UK they work with) contacted me saying that if I pay £60 I can have my items this coming Saturday. I said yes, and hopefully they won't cancel on me. I wish they had done this sooner.
They previously canceled a scheduled delivery, so I'll believe it when it happens.
Thanks again, and never hire Intermovers!

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:56 am

Did you get your belongings as promised?

Return to “International Moves”