Local Florida Movers

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
wamover

Local Florida Movers

Postby wamover » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:12 pm

I need recommendations on moving companies in Florida. My storage unit is with Door to Door in Deerfield and I need it moved into my condo in Miami Beach. I have been qouted 895 by Graebel and 300 from other moving companies. It is about 20 miles, 1 hour to load, and 4 hours to unload. Weight came in about 2,000. Not sure who to trust right now. Any recommendations would be helpful and greatly appreciated.

INTL-GUY

Re: Local Florida Movers

Postby INTL-GUY » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:23 pm

Wamover,

I personally do business with the below 3 companies and know they will do a stellar job.

Bekins of South Florida (Ft. Lauderdale)
A-1 Fargo (Miami)
Suddath (Pompano)

I’m sure Graebel would do a fine job as well.

If my company offered rates of $300 for 5 hrs worth of labor and packing material we would be out of business very quickly.
True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us.
-Socrates

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:26 pm

INTL-GUY wrote:If my company offered rates of $300 for 5 hrs worth of labor and packing material we would be out of business very quickly.

Unless you're not paying for things like insurance, trained employees, owning a truck, or a concience, that it.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:51 pm

why did you not get a quote from Door to Door.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Griffin Allied

Postby Griffin Allied » Tue May 08, 2012 12:12 pm

There are also 5 Allied agents in south florida. give one a call
Moving families since 1929

Return to “Open Community”