UBOX by Uhaul vs Door to Door

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
wamover

UBOX by Uhaul vs Door to Door

Postby wamover » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:49 am

I am debating which one to use? Can anyone provide me any helpful information on which one to use and their experience withe the service? I am moving from Seattle to Florida and don't have that much stuff. I thought this would be an affordable solution.

Diane

Re: UBOX by Uhaul vs Door to Door

Postby Diane » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:50 pm

Also get a quote from ABF U-Pack for a ReloCube.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

wamover

Postby wamover » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:17 am

Thank you Diane but door to door is 1,700 and the relocube is about 3,400 so it would not be an option for me

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:42 am

Let me ask you this. Do you think Door to Door can provide a service that ABF is going to charge twice as much for? I would get a quote on a full service mover just to compare these price variances.

It costs more than $1700 in some cases to move across the state, so I would be leery of anyone going much lower on an interstate move. Is Door to Door using containers?
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:22 am

To the OP - I just reviewed your other thread. From what you say there, I agree with you that a Door to Door container is your best option. I do share Lee's concern about the wooden container. You might try contacting ABF on the chance that they would match or come close to the Door to Door quote. They have done similar things in the past.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Return to “Open Community”