The Right Move 4u

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
RH1977

The Right Move 4u

Postby RH1977 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:10 pm

I an considering using this company for my international move from FL to UK can anyone tell me anything about them??

JAHaddow

Re: The Right Move 4u

Postby JAHaddow » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:22 pm

First and foremost, the company is NOT a licensed forwarder. That alone should be the first reason not to use them They appear to be based out of Lancaster, CA.

Always make sure you get the company to come out and do an onsite survey. Make sure they quote based on the FINAL weight or dimensions of your shipment. I see many companies quote on the "Cube Sheet" weight and dimensions and you always end up with more cubic feet beacuse one the shipment is loaded in the liftvan (small shipments) the final dimensions and charges are based on the final information.

Back to :The Right Move 4 U" is really Budget Van Lines. Do your home work.
"Having the Right Information Makes for an Informed Decision"

INTL-GUY

Postby INTL-GUY » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:41 pm

RH1977,

I've never heard of this company so I did a little research. Based on the address they have on there website http://www.therightmove4u.com/ this company is working out of a house. This company incorporated on 01/06/2011 which means they have been in business for a couple of months. When you apply for an FMC license you have to have an incorporation but, can't do business until you're approved. The process typically takes 3-4 months to get an approval, which means this company has technically been in business for 5-6 months at most. Please post a copy of there quote so we can take a look at what there offering you and what may be excluded.

There are a lot of great companies out there that offer a full door to door consolidation service to the UK. I would suggest searching for 3 quality companies to schedule a visual survey. You can contact the recommended forwarders on this website or research your own. Please come back and let us know.

Where in FL are you shipping from and what is your final destination in the UK?
True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us.
-Socrates

Movinghelper

Postby Movinghelper » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:11 pm

They cant even place their phone number on their registration. I do not like hidden domains.

Registrant:
The Right Move

PRIVATE
PRIVATE, New York 10001
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: THERIGHTMOVE4U.COM
Created on: 06-Jan-11
Expires on: 06-Jan-16
Last Updated on: 11-Jan-11

Administrative Contact:
Franklin, Michal PRIVATE@yahoo.com
The Right Move
PRIVATE
PRIVATE, New York 10001
United States
+1.5551212

Technical Contact:
Franklin, Michal PRIVATE@yahoo.com
The Right Move
PRIVATE
PRIVATE, New York 10001
United States
+1.5551212

They also do not have any Registration or licensing number on their website. Do yourself a favor, file a complaint on them now for not having it on their website, move to another company and you don't have to worry about doing another complaint on them later.

This name also comes up under Budget Van Lines in the search. Same spelling.

Selected Entity Name: THE RIGHT MOVE, INC.
Selected Entity Status Information Current Entity Name: THE RIGHT MOVE, INC.
Initial DOS Filing Date: JANUARY 06, 2011
County: QUEENS
Jurisdiction: NEW YORK
Entity Type: DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
Current Entity Status: ACTIVE

Selected Entity Address Information DOS Process (Address to which DOS will mail process if accepted on behalf of the entity)
THE RIGHT MOVE, INC.
14-23 110TH STREET
COLLEGE POINT, NEW YORK, 11356
Registered Agent
NONE
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
2. GO WITH IN HOME ESTIMATES ONLY.
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

ShortShorts

Postby ShortShorts » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:18 pm

Actually,
if you go to [url]therightmove4u.com[/url].

it displays there license number for everyone to see.

also, they are licensed by the Federal Maritime Commission.

NVOCC License. Also if you go to better business bearue and you put in the information of the business they have a A- rating with 1 closed complaint.

I used this shipping company personally for my move to the middle east. And honestly i can't be happier.

Everyone do your homework before listening to anything on this site. thanks

ShortShorts

Postby ShortShorts » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:24 pm

I ALSO read that people are saying this company works out of a house? Well thats what google maps is for. Street View the address and you will see they actually in a office google also the name " EXECUTIVE SUITES". So I dont understand how they work from home.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:34 pm

ACTUALLY, if you go to Google Maps and enter the address listed on their website, 152-53 10th Ave, Whitestone, NY, Street View will show you it is indeed a house.

Yes, they are licensed. The FMC showed they applied for a licensed in Feb 2011. The earlier conversations said the number wasn't listed on their website. And they aren't listed as a Freight Forwarder, so Haddow was technically correct. They are an NVOCC.

Anyway, you said you used them to move to the Middle East, but we can see you're posting from NY, where the company is based. I don't think anyone would buy that a past customer would bother to defend their service provider in this manner, anyway.

MichalFranklin

Postby MichalFranklin » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:03 pm

Dear MusicMom and all the above experts,
I am the owner of The Right Move, Inc.
I have opened the company in January last year, and own an NVOCC license.
As you know ( you are an expert) in order to have an NVOCC license you need to have at least 3 years of experience , people to recommend you and a bond.

I am happy to say that my company operates from a beautiful office, with a nice conference room in 152-53 10th Ave, Whitestone NY you are more than welcome to visit .
Although oddly enough Google earth can't show the picture of the adress, it shows a house but you can see the house address and it's not 152-53.

152-53 is a shopping center with many stores and restaurants, including walbaums , Cascarinos, etc, just in case you are able to google them .

I would also like to advise all my potential client which have found themselves here for reviews:
1. None of the comments above is an actual complain from a client. Just bunch of people which are very active in the Moving Scam web site and have an opinion, it doesn't mean their opinion is the true.
2. We have many many testemonials, and we can provide not only e-mails to our kind clients but also phone numbers, yes our clients are that happy that they are willing to talk to you.

Over all, I am astonished how such a powerful website can be sooooo irresponsible and post so many negative things about one small company who is just trying to make a living.

Feeding the clients with so much nonesenese, why? what did I ever do to you?

You guys are able to get so much information about my company, I am sure you know my number.

One phone, to ak couple of questions, if you are not sure, that's all it takes .

Pointing out the good things about someone will give so much more then just trying to harm them, especially if you really know NOTHING.

MichalFranklin

Postby MichalFranklin » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:06 pm

By the way, Shortshorts, I really have no idea who you are, but I can't thank you enough :)) It warms my heart to see there are still good people out there :)), thanks

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:26 pm

Well, ShortShorts wasn't really a customer you moved to the middle east, but still.

I did look more critically on Google maps and surrounding addresses, and I will stipulate that you're correct about it not being a house. I'm not sure why it's so off on the map. I do apologize for that.

I do have a question: The BBB lists Michelle Franklin as the office manager. Is that incorrect on their part?

MichalFranklin

Postby MichalFranklin » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:44 pm

Honest to God I have no idea who shortshorts it is , but it's nice to know someone care :)
Also my Legal name is Michal, but since it is hard to pronounce I changed it to Michelle, crazy parents what can I say :)

Movinghelper

Postby Movinghelper » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:46 pm

If Google Maps is so off, maybe Michael Franklin should go to the map and correct it. They do allow you to do that. I have done it for plenty of moving companies and other business's.
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
2. GO WITH IN HOME ESTIMATES ONLY.
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:33 am

Oh I figured it was you, I was just wondering about the Office Manager vs Owner designation. Does the BBB need a correction like Google Maps?

I went all up and down 10th in Street view, and it's all residential. I do see some low office buildings at the corner of 162nd, is that where you are? Just trying to understand.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:24 pm

MichalFranklin, for a business owner, let me offer you a bit of advice.

Go buy any edition of Hooked on Phonics. Your grammar is atrocious.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Noone

Postby Noone » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:08 pm

I looked on Mapquest satellite view, and the address does appear to be a strip/mall or warehouse - definitely not residential.

I would also like to point out that NO company is insured by the FMC, despite what they say on the website.

Likewise, to say "Our professionals bring over 10 years of experience" is somewhat mis-leading. This can mean that the total experience of the staff is 10 years (1 guy has 5 years, 1 guy has 2 years, and 3 guys have 1 year each). If I were to make that claim, I could say "Our professionals bring over 350 years experience". Of course, we have only been in business for 30 years (not 350) and The Right Move has been in business for 1 year.

None of this is to say that The Right Move can't do a good job, however take the time to read this:

http://www.movingscam.com/international ... _guide.php

before inviting them (and 2 other companies) over to do a free, in home survey.

Return to “International Moves”