Moving to Mexico

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
mferr1

Moving to Mexico

Postby mferr1 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:51 pm

We are moving from New York City to Monterrey Mexico. Does anyone have any recommendations for movers?

Diane

Re: Moving to Mexico

Postby Diane » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:58 pm

Go to the sticky at the top of this forum and contact one of the four freight forwarders recommended there. All are reputable and have performed well for people in the past.

mferr1

Postby mferr1 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:07 pm

Has anyone ever heard of/used Strom Movers of Ajijic (Mexico)? :?:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:35 pm

Do they have an office in NYC to give you an in home estimate?

mferr1

Postby mferr1 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:05 am

They do not have New York offices. It is a small company run by an American couple out of Mexico. I spoke to one of them on the telephone.

http://www.strommoving.com/

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:33 am

Unless they can see all the belongings to be moved, they cannot get an accurate idea of how much space you will take up.

guest22222

Postby guest22222 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:03 am

[advertisement removed by administrator]

frustrated_in_NC

Postby frustrated_in_NC » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:28 pm

Hi - I noticed your post.
I relocated to FL from Mexico in early 2005 and looked at this 2 companies to do so:

Mudanzas GOU (GOU Movers)
http://www.mudanzasgou.com

and

ATI
http://www.ati.com.mx/

GOU has many, many years in the business in Mexico and is very experienced. They have a very good, top-notch reputation.

On the end, I moved with ATI because it was cheaper than GOU. Their customer service was excellent and the moving experience was excellent as well. They did the packing (they need to by law for international moves). To name a few things they did for me:
-The salesman dropped by to personally check everything was going ok with the packing.
-NOTHING broke, bruised or damaged.
-Awesome inventory list, very detailed (they even wrote down the serial numbers of all my electronics and put them in the inventory).
-Delicate items, such as china, were wraped in 3 layers: bubble paper, white paper and brown paper. As I said, nothing broke, everything arrived perfectly.
-They wrapped all the furniture to prevent any damages. I mean all the furniture - they had cardboard boxes for my matresses.
-They unwrapped everything upon arrival and removed all the packaging materials from my home so I wouldn't have to. They did NOT put away the items, just unwrapped them. However they do offer that service for an extra fee (they'll wash the dishes and place everything wherever you want it to be so you won't have to do anything at all).

I was very happy with the service and it was not terribly expensive - $6400 dlls in all.

As I said, I moved from Mexico to the US but both companies offer the service to move you into Mexico from the US as well.
You can try to contact them and see what they can do for you. I'd definitely contact ATI if my company asked me to move back to Mexico again, after my experience with them.

Good luck!

Return to “International Moves”