car -ro/ro - international shipping

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
pinxo

car -ro/ro - international shipping

Postby pinxo » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:10 pm

Hi - I need to ship my 2002 VW Jetta from the US to Spain Vigo). I can either ship from Houston TX or NYC. Does anyone have any recommendations for shipping companies that can take care of this?

Thanks!

Rinkens

Re: car -ro/ro - international shipping

Postby Rinkens » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:28 am

Mardy@horizonshippingservices.com out of Houston and iroyzen@penbrokecartainer.com out of New York I currently work with both of these companies and the service is excellant. They are both local to the areas and both have their own contract with the lines, Penbroke will use Hual and Horizon I believe uses Wallenius.

Good Luck,
Joey
Rinkens International

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:05 pm

Thanks for the advice - I'll check them out! Anyone know anything about Able Cargo? www.ablecargo.com We have a quote from them, and their bbb report is satisfactory.

pinxo

Postby pinxo » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:06 pm

that was me, forgot to sign in.

Rinkens

Postby Rinkens » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:29 pm

You can also call the carrier direct for a rate, I have Wallenius number (201-505-4000) but I am not sure about Hual I am sure you can do a quick search though.

Good luck,
Joey
Rinkens International

fannaan

Postby fannaan » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:46 pm

I am setting up a shipment with hual. I heard good things about them. My question is does anyone recommend an insurance company that covers the car until its destination?
I called several and they said I have to go with a freight forwarder. Anyone knows of a reputable insurance that issues a certificate of insurance to an individual customer rather than a freight forwarding company?
Thanks

Zancuda

Postby Zancuda » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:24 pm

Hi,

I need to ship my car ('05 Subaru Outback XT) from Florida or Georgia to Switzerland (or closest port). I've requested a quote from Wallenius and would also like a quote from Haul, but I can't seem to find their contact info. Could someone please let me know how to contact Haul? Is that the full name of the company? I would like to work directly with a carrier but am open to suggestions for other places I can get quotes.

Thanks.

hardatwork

Postby hardatwork » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:49 pm

Information for HUAL auto shippers

Höegh Autoliners Inc.

Jacksonville Branch Office
9620 Dave Rawls Boulevard
Blount Island Marine Terminal
Fl 32226 JACKSONVILLE
UNITED STATES

Phone: +19046967750
Fax: +19046967760

E-mail: autoliners.us@hoegh.com

Zancuda

Postby Zancuda » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:02 am

Thanks!!

Guru

Postby Guru » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:25 pm

God help you with local customs in SPAIN....

pinxo wrote:Hi - I need to ship my 2002 VW Jetta from the US to Spain Vigo). I can either ship from Houston TX or NYC. Does anyone have any recommendations for shipping companies that can take care of this?

Thanks!

Return to “International Moves”