Don't know what to do????

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
newmom

Don't know what to do????

Postby newmom » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:18 am

I have already signed a contract with Echo Trans World and I have paid a 20% down payment. I don't know what to do?? I am scheduled to move in a few weeks. I didn't know about this website....and now that I do I am very confused!! :? Thank goodness for this site 'cause I'm glad I know what I'm dealing with, however I'm in a difficult place right now? Do I still go with these movers?? If no then how do I get out of this contract??

MusicMom

Re: Don't know what to do????

Postby MusicMom » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:23 am

(copied from other thread)

If you do what I outline in this thread, you should be legally cancelled and can get your deposit back. How did you pay it? It would be easiest for you if it was by Credit Card, (you can dispute the charges if they do not refund you), but if it was by some other way and they don't send you a check, call teh Federal Maritime Commission and show them the letter you sent and the date. They can try to compel the movers to send your money back. Some bad guys are finally getting smart to the fact that accepting CC deposits means it can get taken away by the CC company.

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5246

Then go to the Sticky at the top of this forum and call some of those international movers.

Return to “International Moves”