Trans Global Moving from TX to UK

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
LMG

Trans Global Moving from TX to UK

Postby LMG » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:33 pm

I am considering Trans Global Moving to move my items from TX to the UK. Please let me know if you have any feedback regarding this company. Thanks!

MusicMom

Re: Trans Global Moving from TX to UK

Postby MusicMom » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:52 pm

I Googled them (the first step in any search) and only found three hits. One was on 123movers.com, which is notorious for sending custoemrs to scammers. The license they list there is for a broker in Dania, FL. Theya re indeed memebrs of the BBB, but unless they are using a different name, I do not see them on the list of licensed Freigh Forwarders, a they claim.

However, I DID notice their address on the BBB report,
4491 Stirling Road, Suite 101
Dania, FL 33314
I Googled THAT address, and found it to be the same as [/u]Transport Moving Services Group[/u], which has complaints, and lawsuits pending.

Given the connection, I think you should pass over Trans Global Moving.

jes

Re: Trans Global Moving from TX to UK

Postby jes » Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:50 pm

Don't use Trans Global. We moved from MA to UK in July. From the beginning there was a lack of communication. Trans Global use Global Ocean Freight who turned up on a Sunday, the day before they were supposed to. They called us 20 minutes before they arrived to say they were on their way. We did not know if they were who they said they were. After two hours of talking to the company on the phone I finally let them in to take our stuff. They had no container so my furniture was loaded on to an ordinary truck and obviously was not sealed. When it finally arrived in the UK, we found that much of our furniture had been damaged and my sons trumpet and playstation had been stolen. We used Baker Insurance and they are in the process of dealing with our claim.

Return to “International Moves”