Hi can someone please help Regarding Upakweship.

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
f150_girly

Hi can someone please help Regarding Upakweship.

Postby f150_girly » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:27 pm

Hi, I will be moving from the US to New Zealand. I have considered UPAKWESHIP to do our move, but I am not sure I should go through with it or not.

Anyone have any experiences with it?

Thanks!

Re: Hi can someone please help Regarding Upakweship.

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:12 pm

Where are you moving from in the US and what services are they providing for you?

I thought all they do is pick up your packed cartons and ship them over for you? Are they packing stuff for you?

Did you get a quote from them? How did they quote you by a list you gave them with the sizes fo your cartons?

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:46 pm

There are several threads on Upakweship (do a search using the Search button above). One of them was posted under "Report a Scam," which may tell you something - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4083

The guy mentioned in the post (Chris Smith) sounds extremely rude.

f150_girly

Postby f150_girly » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:30 pm

We will be driving our stuff to Los Angeles from our state of Oklahoma.

I was told that it would be $15 per cubic Foot if we loaded in Oklahoma City.
They said it would be $11 per cubic foot if I took it to a Los Angeles Port.

We do all of the packing and we may even load the container.

Allison Kane has seemed pretty helpful but I saw that upakweship and http://www.deliver-usa.com/ have the same business address in Jessup Maryland.

That is a concern because deliver-usa had some violations from a thread I read about.

I'm just hoping to find a reliable and accurate shipper that does not inflate cost on you.

I appreciate all of your help.

Phadrea :lol:

hardatwork

Postby hardatwork » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:53 pm

OK first how much stuff do you have to move? Are you just moving cartons or do you have furniture too?

How are you getting the goods from OK to LA in a Uhaul or rental truck??

You mentioned loading a container? Your planing on loading a 20' shipping container? Or maybe one of the shipping containers that are 4' X 7' X 7'?

You will acutally be going to a local warehosue in LA to load not to the port they would not let you on the port for security reasons.

And they quoted you $ 11.00 Per Cubic Foot from the warehosue in Los Angeles to where in New Zealand? To the port, their warehouse, or your residence?

Please post more detials

f150_girly

Postby f150_girly » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:00 am

Hello There,

Thanks for replying. We will be getting to Los Angeles with a rental truck. That is only if we find good reasons to use Upakweship.

We will not be filling up a 20ft container. We would probably be sharing a container. We will only be taking boxes of personal effects no furniture.

We will have to pick up our items at the port in Christchurch New Zealand.

I have just found out upakweship is affiliated with the following companies.

Euro USA
Deliver USA
Euro America.

All I am hoping to find is a reliable, affordable and honest shipper. I am scared of inflated costs as we are on a strict budget.

Thanks for your help

Phadrea

Return to “International Moves”