Tradewind Consulting

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
Glenn

Tradewind Consulting

Postby Glenn » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:30 pm

Anyone know anything about Tradewind Consulting regarding international moves?

hardatwork

Re: Tradewind Consulting

Postby hardatwork » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:53 pm

Sorry I have not heard of them. Do they have a website? Are they international movers moving you to?

Glenn

Postby Glenn » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:07 pm

Yes, they are international movers. Their website is Tradewindconsult.com.

hardatwork

Postby hardatwork » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:55 pm

Sorry I do not know them. BUT I have never really seen someone say they are like a travel agent for your goods before in international shipping. The other thing that bother me a little was their quote about they leave it up to other to do all the paperwork for your shipment.

A normal International Freight Forwarder makes sure they know what paperwork needs to be done to process your shipment Door to Door. They make sure the proper paperwork is completed and sent to the proper authorites. Seem like to me Trade Winds might say if a problem comes up well the other guy was going to do that and there is nothing I cna do leaving you out in the cold.

Once again I do not know the company and cannot say anything about them I only point out a couple of problems I can see off the website. I have been doing international shipping for 20 years, my company is NOT one of the companies listed here so I can stay impartial. I would NEVER say I would leave the paperwork up to others on a international move. I would have all the information ready to advise the client what they will need to arrange customs clearance at final destination.

For other to check thier DOT 1369259 MC 525422 numbers. Also according to website they have been in business since 2003

Where are you moving from and to? Have they sent someone to your residence to do an in house estimate for you? Have you had others in as well?

There is a list of quality international movers on this website that you can request rates from also.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:04 pm

Can't use them. No license yet. What's odd is they have both a DOT number (and claim to have two trucks and drivers), but no license attached to that number. The MC number listed shows an application in progress, filed May 25, for a broker's license, but no insurance (or bond) to actually receive the license.

Glenn

Postby Glenn » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:28 am

Thanks for the replies. We have 27 boxes amounting to 100cf and 900 lb. All we need is door to door service. Other than a carpet and disassembled and boxed chair, I could send it all by USPS for less than $1,200 while the clearly legitimate shippers want nearly twice that much. Does that make any sense?

hardatwork

Postby hardatwork » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:47 am

It could be the minimum charges for each party involved.

Where are you moving from and to maybe I can make a suggestion to assist?

Glenn

Postby Glenn » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:35 am

We are moving from Durango, CO to Kaiserslautern, Germany

hardatwork

Postby hardatwork » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:03 pm

The only problem I can see for you to get a very competitive rate on your shipment is that the origin of Durango. It can be difficult to find a competiive pick up service there.

The shipper who is moving your goods will need to get the goods out of your home, the boxes on to a pallet and shrink wrapped so they can move to an export depot. This is the part that could be difficult to find done locally.

Just a thought ask them for a price from your home but also if you could deliver the boxes down to a trucking depot in Farmington New Mexico where there is a large trucking depot it might be cheaper. If you can deliver the cartons there?

I would call the international movers that are listed on this site for rates as I think they should be able to get within the ballbpark of $ 1200.00 to move you especially if you move the boxes down to Farmington NM Depot which seems to be about an hour from you there in Durango.

Please post again if you have any problems or cannot get a competitive price for your move.

After the shipper get your goods out of your home and to a export depot the rest of the move is very competitive so you should find good pricing for your move with legit movers

Glenn

Postby Glenn » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:32 pm

Thank you very much. That is excellent advice and I will follow up immediately.

hardatwork

Postby hardatwork » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:45 pm

Good and please if you have any questions or need anything more please post

Return to “International Moves”