So. CA to Maui - Need suggestions/recommendations for movers

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
c_t210@yahoo.com

So. CA to Maui - Need suggestions/recommendations for movers

Postby c_t210@yahoo.com » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:00 pm

I've had Allied, Berger and United come to my home to measure up my stuff and give a quote to move. All talked a good story, but NONE will call back or give a quote? Has anyone had a recent move from the LA area to Hawaii? I could use a good recommendation.

MusicMom

Re: So. CA to Maui - Need suggestions/recommendations for mo

Postby MusicMom » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:09 pm

How long has it been since they've been to your house?

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:43 pm

Did they give you at least a weight and cubic footage for your shipment?

What city are you moving from in So Cal?

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:44 pm

Berger represents Allied, so did you have two Allied agents come out?

It can take some time to get the quote together, it isn't as quick as domestic pricing. How long has it been?

hardatwork

Postby hardatwork » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:00 pm

Actually a move to Maui should only take a qualified agent about 48 to 72 hours to work up a rate.

There are only two shipping companies that have ships that move containers to Hawaii. They charge that same rate for 20 and 40 containers.

You can call a Hawaii agent and get your detination charges in a manner of minutes.

Now figure you packing costs, ocean transport costs, and Hawaii delivery costs and your porfit and quote the client.

Only time you should run into a delay is if the client has a very unusally items like a piano or something needing special crating. Or at destinaiton they are not sure if you can get a truck to their residence, can be a problem in Hawaii.

Hawaii is simple unless the agent is not an experience mover to Hawaii.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:05 pm

So, c_t, call one of the four companies endorsed on the International Moving sticky and they should be able to get things moving (literally) for you. Don't fool around with the van lines any more.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:10 pm

Geez, these guys are delayed in getting a quote and everyone wants her to forget them?? We still haven't even heard back on how long ago they came out to the house! Listen, it's the busiest time of the year for all movers. Maybe these salesmen are taking a bit of time to get the quote together, or maybe this move isn't going for a couple of months. It's no reason to toss them out the window!

C_T nothing personal, but I'm sure you aren't their only customer at the moment.

Diane, any of those forwarders are just going to contact the local agents in the area to come out and quote the job. It won't be instant with anyone.

Return to “International Moves”