International move to Thailand

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
Mathieularoche

International move to Thailand

Postby Mathieularoche » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:10 am

Hi guys,

I'm about to relocate from Québec to Hua Hin, Thailand.

I saw on the internet plenty of movers in Thailand. Not that I don't trust them, but I would highly appreciate any recommendations from people who hired moving companies in this country, where corruption is everywhere.

Maybe I'm being too paranoid, but I would tend to follow with closed eyes a decent feedback from someone who experienced rather than fake/not-so-honest google reviews :wink:

Any help would be appreciated guys, thanks :mrgreen:

Jeff.Walker

Re: International move to Thailand

Postby Jeff.Walker » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:10 pm

The first thing I would recommend is reading our Guide to International Shipping which you can find by clicking the embedded link. The second thing I would recommend is take a look on the left side of this page and you'll find an "International Moving Companies" section of our endorsed movers list. I would suggest you pick 3, get quotes from each one and go from there. you can learn more about our endorse movers by clicking this link.

Finally, for expert advise, I'd hold out for "Noone" to show up and offer a few suggestions. He is our resident expert on international moving.

Hope this helps!

Noone

Postby Noone » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:59 am

The important thing is first choosing the right company, and second getting door to door service.

Any legitimate company which handles Canada will have a good partner in Thailand. Just ask them who they work with, and let me know.

Mathieularoche

Postby Mathieularoche » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:29 pm

Hi guys :D :D

Thank you for your answers. I'll follow your suggestions and keep you informed about the outcomes.

I'll ask for door-to-door service then, as you suggested ! Sorry if I ask stupid questions, but I really had no idea how it works lol.

Would appreciate if someone who already moved to Thailand could see this thread and provide a feedback :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks again guys, appreciate your help

Noone

Postby Noone » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:11 pm

I deal with several good companies there on a semi-regular basis, so once I know the names of who those guys work with, I can give feedback.

CaraTT

Postby CaraTT » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:00 am

Hello Matthieularoche
If you need advice, do not hesitate to post your questions here because I live in Thailand for more than 3 years following the relocation of my company. It's a really nice country but you just have to know the different scams.
When do you arrive ?

Noone

Postby Noone » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:39 pm

I saw CarrTT also posted the same day, and thought you two were the same shipper/poster.

Carr,

Did the answers above answer your questions?

Mathieularoche

Postby Mathieularoche » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:29 pm

I deal with several good companies there on a semi-regular basis, so once I know the names of who those guys work with, I can give feedback.
Hi 8)

In fact, I would highly appreciate your feedback Noone. I already contacted some of them, Sea Fly, Santa Fe relo (which is 2 times more expensive than the others :( ), ... I also contacted " Siam Relocation". Maybe they were not the cheapest but they were the most reactive. They called me like 1 hour after my request and called me back on Skype to do kind of an online survey. That's why I felt more confident using their services.

Noone, if you can have a look at their website and tell me if you know them, I would appreciate it :whistling: :D :D : https://siam-relocation.com

I haven't started the process yet, just waiting for a feedback if I can find one ;)

Thank you all !

Noone

Postby Noone » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:43 am

Is this a move from Thailand or to Thailand?

Mathieularoche

Postby Mathieularoche » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:03 pm

It's a move to Thailand

Noone

Postby Noone » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:46 am

1 - Regarding Siam Relocation, I don't know them and have never worked with them, but they show the FAIM Symbol on their website and they are NOT Fido Faim Certified. I would avoid them, as they are obviously misleading from the start.

2 - If you are moving from the US to Thailand, work with a US Forwarder and find out who they work with over there. Besides the suggested forwarders to the left, you can contact any of the Major Van Line main office and get a quote for this move.

3 - Have 3 companies come, do an in home survey, and take it from there.

Mathieularoche

Postby Mathieularoche » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:39 pm

Thank you Noone,

You are awesome. I'm kind of new to this kind of stuff, I had no idea how it works.

This is what I did, I ask 2 of them to come and arrange a survey. I finally made up my mind and I chose a (hopefully) good company.

Thank you so much for your help !!

Noone

Postby Noone » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:56 am

Please come back after the move and let us know who you used and how it went.

Best of success!

Return to “International Moves”