Very small international move France to US

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
nchernia

Very small international move France to US

Postby nchernia » Wed May 17, 2017 4:32 am

Hello,

We will be moving a very small amount of items from France to the US. Mainly children's things: a double stroller, a wooden rocking horse (sentimental), a child's bike and scooter. Probably also some boxes of books and possibly clothes.

I'm not sure the best way to go about it. I saw Seven Seas has at least one terrible review. Though there are threads where people mention U-Pak-We-Ship, there are no reviews of someone actually using the company. Seven Seas was appealing because of their MoveCube trailer, U-Pak-We-Ship because of the price. But everything is so expensive (even when on a slow ship) that I wonder if we should just mail it, or contact a luggage shipping company. It really seems like overkill / not worth a mover's time to pack and ship our small number of household items.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks,
Neva

Jeff.Walker

Re: Very small international move France to US

Postby Jeff.Walker » Wed May 17, 2017 2:31 pm

Hoping one of the volunteers with international experience can jump in here, but have you checked the rates for moving those items via a freight company like UPS or FedEx? Given the small amount of items, it may be more advantageous, or a similar cost to see if they can ship.

Noone

Re: Very small international move France to US

Postby Noone » Wed May 17, 2017 5:26 pm

Speak with AGS in France or one of the suggested international shipping companies to the left.

They will be able to quote and you can decide if it makes sense to ship your goods.

They may offer a discount if you can pack the goods up and bring it to their warehouse, rather than having them come and pick it up.

Return to “International Moves”