NowShip.com

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
dsloanerider

NowShip.com

Postby dsloanerider » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:58 pm

Hi everyone,

Has anyone ever used NowShip.com to ship boxes internationally, or heard about them? I am moving to Australia from the USA later this month. Their prices are reasonable, and they seem to understand what is involved in getting through customs to Australia. However, I cannot find reviews/comments for them online anywhere.

Thanks,
David

Jeff.Walker

Re: NowShip.com

Postby Jeff.Walker » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:41 am

This smells a little of an advertisement, but I went ahead and approved it. Per the terms of service, posters are not allowed to advertise in our forums. If it starts looking more and more like an ad, I will delete the post. Fair warning.

JAHaddow

Postby JAHaddow » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:59 am

I did a search on www.fmc.gov and could not find this company listed as a licensed forwarder. A FMC license is mandatory to sell any ocean transportation from the US. I went to their website and I do not see any license numbers to help identify who they are. This, in my opinion is a red flag. That said, they could be tied into a licensed forwarder but by FMC rules you are required to identify your license on advertising. I would call them and ask them what their license is.
"Having the Right Information Makes for an Informed Decision"

Jeff.Walker

Postby Jeff.Walker » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:20 am

Awesome! Thanks Art!

randlerouge

Postby randlerouge » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:06 pm

Hi - did everyone decide this wasn't kosher? I'm trying to organise an urgent shipment end of week and this seems pretty affordable, but zero evidence of it outside it's own website...

Thanks for your advice!

Jeff.Walker

Postby Jeff.Walker » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:24 pm

Given that Art looked them up and they appear to be unlicensed, I'd recommend you move on to another forwarder. If you're in a hurry, you can check out our list of endorsed international movers to the left, or if you're not comfortable with using an endorsed company, you can give Art Haddow a call at Premier Van Lines

If you're not in as much of a hurry at this point, you can look around and find another company that you think may suit your needs, but I would recommend using caution unless you fully research the company. I would also recommend reading Ed Singer's "Guide to International Shipping" before you make your decision.

Hope this helps.

JOHN KRISCH

Postby JOHN KRISCH » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:36 am

Hi All,

Just a bit about NOWSHIP that should clear up the above about licensing. NOWSHIP does act as sales agent for various carriers DHL, FEDEX etc... and while activities through these carriers are licensed, NOWSHIP provides through air courier and not ocean transportation.

NOT with a goal to advertise our services but to allow a cogent response to something hanging out in the internet yet unanswered. NOWSHIP provides a very specific service between where courier companies stop and international moving companies do not handle well because most transport using ocean services. Ocean as we know have minimums of size typically starting with 1 cubic meter or just over 35 cubic feet of personal goods. Most international movers, like our larger van line siblings, have much higher minimums. This is the consumer that NOWSHIP serves.

NOWSHIP also has affiliate locations in the USA and overseas. These are forward thinking international movers who can sell or resell our services that combine the packing materials for self packing and door to door service. More importantly, since NOWSHIP doesn't sell packing services, we direct our customers to these Affiliates who can provide more bespoke services like storage, packing, and special handling directly to the customer.

So through the eyes of all who have contributed to this string -you are certainly correct in saying that for a move using ocean carriage, the provider must be licensed through the Federal Maritime Commission and bonded for these services. NOWSHIP is very serious about compliance and are advocates for our industry. On our board of advisors is Hal Creel, former Chairman and Commissioner for the Federal Maritime Commission, a presidential appointment under both Clinton and Bush administrations. Hal, also served as legal advisor for senate committees and is a former professor of admiralty law.
( http://sodacitybizwire.com/nowship-welc ... f-advisors )

Thank you all for this opportunity to respond and keep doing the good advocacy you do.

Best always John Krisch NOWSHIP

Return to “International Moves”