scheduling delivery of shipment - UK?

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
jdl82

scheduling delivery of shipment - UK?

Postby jdl82 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:57 am

hello - I've moved from the US to the UK using Bayshore/Pickfords. My shipment has been delayed a few times but is due to arrive in port next Sunday. Pickfords has advised that the customs should move quickly and the shipment be ready within a few days. Unfortunately I have to leave the country next Thursday for four days, and I'm afraid they'll want to deliver my goods then. Are companies like Pickfords generally flexible about delivery dates, and will they charge me if I can't take delivery when they want to deliver? Thanks in advance for any help -

Noone

Re: scheduling delivery of shipment - UK?

Postby Noone » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:46 am

Advise them by email (Pickfords, with Bayshore in copy) of the days that you can not receive delivery.

It may not be an issue at all, however they may charge storage (especially if they have a truck going right by you while you are gone, and won't have another one for a while).

Don't surprise them - that is the worst, and will result in extra charges! Let them know right away.

jdl82

Postby jdl82 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:48 am

Thanks for your advice - I did as you said and emailed them, and no mention yet of extra charges! many thanks -

Noone

Postby Noone » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:59 am

No problem.

Please come back and let us know how it all turns out.

jdl82

Postby jdl82 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:57 pm

hello - I just wanted to post with an update on my Bayshore/Pickfords move, and my concern about having to reschedule a move. As it turned out, everything went perfectly. Pickfords held to the original date and time that they offered, and we were able to make that date. The delivery came off smoothly and the moving men were extremely nice and efficient, and they took a lot of care to place everything in the proper spot. We were really grateful to them and happy with the service. We truly recommend them! I had been fretting about this move for weeks, and it was a real relief to see all our things in the house, intact. Thanks to this message board for the good counsel - best, Jennifer

Jeff.Walker

Postby Jeff.Walker » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:22 pm

Hi Jennifer! Thank you so much for coming back and letting us know about your experience. Would you be kind enough to detail your experience on the Review Verification System? You can find a link to Bayshore here:

http://www.movingscam.com/reviews?mid=2 ... any_review

We don't appear to have Pickfords in our database, but would be happy to add them, if you can provide me the information for that company.

Again, thanks for letting us know how your move went!

Best Regards,
Jeff

Return to “International Moves”