International Movers Network reliable?

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
FrogDogOmg

International Movers Network reliable?

Postby FrogDogOmg » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:03 am

Hi I will be moving to Northern Ireland, United Kingdom from Connecticut, United States.

I have found a moving company based in NYC and they are reasonable. I wanted to know if anyone had any info on this company (International Movers Network [IMN] ) concerning their reliability. They also have scheduled a Skype consultation in order to review what items I will be bringing (as they are based about 2 hours away) instead of coming here themselves, which I thought was a bit odd.

Although on their website it says they are; a Fully Licensed and Bonded OTI (Ocean Transportation Intermediary - No. 023564N) international mover, licensed by the FMC (Federal Maritime Commission) and member of the IAM (International Association of Movers).

Any responses are greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Movinghelper

Re: International Movers Network reliable?

Postby Movinghelper » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:35 am

All of their license is intact.
Following some of the information out there that is avaiable, you will find the following:
Domain Name: INTERNATIONALMOVERSNETWORK.COM
Created on: 14-Sep-09
Expires on: 14-Sep-13
Last Updated on: 23-Sep-12

Registrant:
Yariv Moshe
125 Pleasant Street
Watertown, Massachusetts 02472
United States

Administrative Contact:
Moshe, Yariv vivo@carmelmovers.com
125 Pleasant Street
United States
+1.6175942616

Technical Contact:
Moshe, Yariv vivo@carmelmovers.com
125 Pleasant Street
United States
+1.6175942616

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sea ... l%20Movers

Name : CARMEL MOVERS INC.
USDOT Number : 1266989
MC # : 495073
Address : 65 SPRAGUE STREET
HYDE PARK, MA 02136
Mailing Address : Same as above
Telephone : (617)783-0344
Fax : (866) 553-2152

Number OOS Rate
Total Inspections: 8
Driver Inspections: 8 25 %
Vehicle Inspections: 6 33 %
Placardable HM Inspections: 0 0 %
% Placardable HM Inspections: 0 %

Total Crashes*: 2
Injury/Fatal Crashes: 1
Fatal Crashes: 0
Injury Crashes: 1
Towaway Crashes: 1
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
2. GO WITH IN HOME ESTIMATES ONLY.
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

Noone

Postby Noone » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:06 pm

Where in Connecticut are you moving from?

I'm pretty sure any major Van Lines will have a local company who can come do a survey.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:03 am

^^ Ditto that. Skype isn't going to open your cabinets, drawers, closets, and visually measure your large furniture. Find someone near you.

What's odd is that all the info I see puts this company located in MA, not NYC. So why can't they come to your house?

cnoblit

Postby cnoblit » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:41 pm

If they can't send a representative to visit your home, meet with you and survey the articles you need to move then please do not consider them. You'll save yourself a lot of heartache by minding such advice.
Christopher Noblit
Professional Mover

Cpat

Postby Cpat » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:06 am

Funny enough, I too moved from CT to Belfast in June and made the mistake of hiring this company. With the exception of the "reeling in process" I found this to be nothing more than a bait & switch. The most unprofessional people I have ever dealt with - and my background is working with attorneys and mortgage professionals so have seen my share of characters over the years. I am interested to know if you decided to go with this company ? I am beginning a claim with the insurance company but it directly relates to the halfhearted and unprofessional manner in which our items were packed. Also we measured our lot of goods and after speaking with the company numerous times, we determined it to be around 80 or 90 cubic feet so we were quoted the price for shipping 100 cubic feet. Our initial invoice received by them was for almost triple that amount ! It isn't my intent to air dirty laundry but am curious if anyone on here has filed complaints with the BBB and/or FTC as I do not feel we should be responsible for the insurance deductible considering if our items had been professionally packed, everything would have arrived without issue.

Noone

Postby Noone » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:58 am

Cpat,

Sorry to hear you had a bad move. My first suggestion is to file a complaint with the FMC:
http://www.fmc.gov/resources/requesting ... tance.aspx

They may be able to help you regarding the volume, if (in fact) it was overcharged. Take a look on all documents you received, especially from the company that did the delivery, to see if they have a different volume than that for which you were billed.

As for insurance, make sure you are in touch with the insurance company directly, not only the shipping company. There should be contact information on the policy or the forms you submitted when you purchased insurance.

Note that the shipping company is not obligated to cover your deductible - this is a choice that you make when you purchase insurance - many companies can offer a zero deductible for a higher premium.

I'm not saying the goods were or were not packed properly - I have no way of knowing. However this is one of many reasons you buy insurance. Even the best of companies can have a bad crew (usually they don't last at good companies) and even a good crew can have a bad day. Likewise, there is a reason why some companies are a lot cheaper than others, and one of the reasons is the amount of training (which costs money) and the quality of workers.

Helloladies

Postby Helloladies » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:30 pm

Would like to informed all people that myself and other families use International Movers Network and all goods arrive in same condition.
Recommend to use company for any move you may needs.

Good luck

Noone

Postby Noone » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:13 pm

Helloladies,

Thank you for your input. May I ask a few questions?

Where did you move from? Where did you move to? When did you move? How did you find this website?

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:04 pm

Generally, these out-of-the-blue, no-info-having positive reviews are paid adverts, especially when they come from the same location where the mover being mentioned has their offices (which is the case here).

Ronymikal

Postby Ronymikal » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:11 am

FrogDogOmg wrote:Hi I will be moving to Northern Ireland, United Kingdom from Connecticut, United States.

I have found a moving company based in NYC and they are reasonable. I wanted to know if anyone had any info on this company (International Movers Network [IMN] ) concerning their reliability. They also have scheduled a Skype consultation in order to review what items I will be bringing (as they are based about 2 hours away) instead of coming here themselves, which I thought was a bit odd.

Although on their website it says they are; a Fully Licensed and Bonded OTI (Ocean Transportation Intermediary - No. 023564N) international mover, licensed by the FMC (Federal Maritime Commission) and member of the IAM (International Association of Movers).

Any responses are greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Moving is always a stressful for a person. It is necessary to confirm the things like moving company should be certified & registered with govt or somewhere other non govt. organization so that one can trust on those companies & it is also necessary to confirm about removal companies that are they professional or not?
I've given a serious look on your query & search about the company which you have choose for removal found an authentic & certified.

Return to “International Moves”