INTERNET SEARCH SCAM! BEWARE!

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
wisegirl

INTERNET SEARCH SCAM! BEWARE!

Postby wisegirl » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:03 pm

I'm a wise now, but I learned the hard way...

I googled 'best moving company' — a window with companies popped up and I filled the basic information: state to state, my first name, phone number and email.
Harmless, right? Well, my phone started ringing...

I had several very savvy sales people (funny, professional, ex-military, different accents) getting me to give them my inventory and emailing me quotes.
The quotes were very similar. They each had websites, reviews, license number, different physical addresses... I didn't have my moving date finalized, so I kept postponing.

WARNING SIGNS:
1/same style of invoice, giving you quotes based on description only
2/slight difference in name 'Silver Star' versus 'Silver StarS' between website and addresses.
3/all asking for deposit (wire, electronic check)
4/if you look at their websites, some of it is google English

I'm sure they have many more, but here are the ones I have dealt with.
INTERNATIONAL RELOCATION SOLUTION
SILVER STAR MOVERS
PROMASTER MOVERS
RIGHTWAY MOVERS
FEDERAL RELOCATION SERVICES

I called BBB to check, couldn't find any of the licenses. I decided to give one of them a small deposit ($250) to have a proof; they charged $1,043.00 as an electronic withdraw. I called my bank immediately NOT to process the payment, but to give me the paper trace to have the company's name.
In the meantime — I emailed, called, wanting to cancel my move, asking for a refund. Magically these people disappeared.

It only cost me $30, closing my account and wasted time, but it could have been thousands and waiting on a moving day for a truck to show up. I'm working with several agencies to prevent these individuals from scamming people, but please be AWARE of internet searches.

Return to “Report A Scam”