Regions Moving and Storage

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
075GWM

Postby 075GWM » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:23 am

Terrible Experience. Bait and Switch. Regions Moving and Storage of Houston gave me a "not to exceed quote" for 350 cubic feet of space for a move of some furniture from Houston to Michigan. I measured every item of furniture and it was all written in the quote. When the two men showed up on Feb 24th to pick up the furniture they stated it would not fit within the 350 cubic feet quoted and wrote up a new contract charging me approximately a 1000 dollars more than the original quote. I was stressed and extremely busy and I felt pressured to sign the new contract. This was huge mistake. The new contract completely rewrote the inventory list ignoring all the previous measurements. It also had different language regarding stairs and other requirements, as well as different liability statements and fine print. The contract states I will have to pay 30% of the quote in cash before they will unload the truck. I won't even know if it is my furniture before I have to pay them. It is now March 21st and the only information I have is from emailing support@regionsmoving.com. They state via email that they will put the furniture on a truck and have it delivered March 26th or later. I'm not sure they will ever show up. When they do I'm expecting another episode in which they try to extort me for more money. This is a sleazy outfit that has completely taken advantage of me. They give their address as:
10101 Fondren Rd. #445
Houston TX 77071
Phone: 855 510 9393
DOT #: 2968619 MC #: 008812
This DOT number is associated with Movely USA LLC. Their website is listed as regionsmoving.com but clicking on that website brings up warnings that your personal information such as passwords and credit card number is at risk of being stolen.
I'm afraid I've been completely ripped off.

Return to “Report A Scam”