Economy Van Lines

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
KarenK

Economy Van Lines

Postby KarenK » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:40 pm

:thumbsdown: Website looks great...BUT they are a broker. They are just interested in collecting a deposit. Then they will send anyone (and I do mean anyone) to your home to "move" your stuff. Website and sales people will claim that they are NOT a broker. This is a lie. Please find someone else... DO NOT USE.... Please see my review about Big Boy Moving and Storage aka Statewide Relocation aka New Times Moving inc aka Classic Van Lines.. This is the company Economy Van Lines sent to my home. I will update when and if I ever get my stuff. Do NOT use Economy Van Lines

U.S D.O.T #: 1151019 / M.C #: 460726
9525 Snowden River Pkwy Columbia MD 21046 ||Toll-Free: 888-707-0098
coupons customers reviews
info@economy-vanlines.com

MusicMom

Re: Economy Van Lines

Postby MusicMom » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:35 am

They actually aren't a broker, they are a licensed carrier. What they did was called "subcontracting" and it's common for a one-truck company to do when they take on a job that's too far away for them to actually do. This company is listed by the DOT as being in Miramar, FL, not Maryland.

I hope you get your things soon.

KarenK

Postby KarenK » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:28 am

Thanks for your responses, MusicMom... You make feel a tad more encouraged since I booked thru Economy Van Lines. I will update as the saga continues. No call back from Statewide yesterday afternoon. The ladies in the office were trying yet again to reach the trucker before close of business to get back me with an update. No call, but the ladies continue to be very polite and understanding during our conversations.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:22 am

Don't be so sure that they're being nice. All the employees at these scam movers are in on it. I guarantee if you were yelling and threatening them suddenly they would have magically "quit" and a similar-sounding employee with another Americanized name who knows nothing about your move would have begun answering the phones.

Just keep calling, and keep a log going of who says what.

Return to “Report A Scam”