Big Boy Moving and Storage/Statewide Relocation/New Times Mo

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
KarenK

Big Boy Moving and Storage/Statewide Relocation/New Times Mo

Postby KarenK » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:20 pm

I hope this turns out ok, but getting more doubtful by the day. I did not hire Statewide Relocation aka New Times Moving. Big Boy Moving and Storage showed up to do my move, sent by Economy Van Lines. Had no idea I was dealing with a broker, big mistake. I had no idea I was dealing with Statewide Relocation aka New Times Moving until I received a copy of my canceled check (made payable to Big Boy Moving), with their stamp on the back. How unfortunate for me when I goggled Statewide. My delivery is now a week late. Paid up charge for short delivery window (1/2-1/6/15). Came and went. Did speak with person at office. So far, very polite, but nothing they have said has been helpful....Said my stuff would arrive no later than today 1/12/15... Of course no call from trucker as promised. I called office today. But they have been unable to reach the "trucker" for days and days.. After reading all of the reviews on the internet (yelp, etc) about Statewide and New Times, I am of course wondering when and in what condition my belongings will arrive.... Don't hire Statewide Relocation aka New Times Moving aka Big Boy Moving and Storage aka Classic Van Lines.... Not sure how to avoid being stuck by these name changes though.. No way for me to goggle the name of actual company until I saw my check after they had my stuff. My bad for dealing with a move this way in the first place (PLEASE don't use a broker).. Please learn from me.....Add BIG BOY MOVING AND STORAGE 600 NE 185th St. Miami, FL 877-989-2442 to the list to very cautious about since they are connected with these other companies mentioned..... I will update this post, hopefully with a happy ending but feeling very doubtful. I would NOT recommend Economy Van Lines either as they portray themselves as the actual mover, and they are NOT......info@economy-vanlines.com :thumbsdown:
Very frustrating but good life lesson. Sometimes the internet is not a good thing. The best I can hope for is to get word out to others because I think it is too late for my stuff.

MusicMom

Re: Big Boy Moving and Storage/Statewide Relocation/New Time

Postby MusicMom » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:31 am

Once you have your things back, go talk to your bank. You made a check out to one entity, and another cashed it. It seems to me that this should have been caught and the check should not be honored. See if there's anything you can do about this.

Keep a log of what you're told every day you call in to ask about your things, and who says it.

KarenK

Postby KarenK » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:51 am

:thumbsdown: Update on Big Boy Moving/New Times Moving/Statewide Relocation/Classic Van Lines
SO original delivery window 1/2-1/6 come and gone... I was told by dispatch driver had to pull over in MI due to snow.. and stuff would arrive no later than 1/9-1/12.. Didn't arrive.. Since the 12th dispatch continued to try to "reach the trucker".. but never could make "contact".. (said he is "too professional to answer phone if unloading in someone's house... or no cell service...etc.. said "it happens all the time" that driver can't be reached via cell).

Dispatch tells me today (1/14) that they don't think my stuff has even left the warehouse in NJ, since dispatch would have called me to say stuff on way.... I asked why I wasn't told this a week and half ago... Why pretend stuff on way?? Office lady said that's what they tell everyone when they call for update instead of telling them they have no idea where your stuff is ... They think it's "nicer" or something...

Dispatch promises to email to me today a copy of my updated bill reflecting $300 credit for missed delivery window... I requested this new bill so I have something in hand....They claim driver "will know" about my adjusted amount but I don't know how the driver would know this since no one seems to be able to reach driver to communicate anything (of course, there is NO driver at this point anyway)... I will update if I truly get this adjusted bill. Dispatch promises to call me back today after they try to reach central dispatch in NJ... I imagine I will be calling Barbie back, feeling doubtful that she will call me... And while all office people remain polite, it is probably because I am being REALLY polite based on the reviews that you can find online when you goggle "Statewide Relocation New Times Moving" and the experiences others have had with Barbie and others in customer service at this "company"... Trying to catch more flies with honey than vinegar and trying to at least keep them from hanging up on me.

I asked Barbie true name of company I am dealing with (made check out to Big Boy Moving... check stamped Statewide Relocation dba New Times Moving)... she back pedaled quite a bit, providing info that didn't make sense.... I (politely) painted her into corner and she said she works for New Times Moving.... Not sure what to think at this point other than I sure wish someone else was handling this move...

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:24 am

You're doing good getting this information. Keep it up.

KarenK

Postby KarenK » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:58 pm

Here is the update to my previous post and my experience with Big Boy Moving and Storage/Statewide Relocation..

My experience ending up being a reasonably good one, considering.. Very bad and inaccurate communication by the moving company concerning the whereabouts of my delivery initially. Having read the reviews about the company, I treaded VERY carefully and was exceedingly polite to customer service. No ranting and raving, and I will tell you they were extremely and completely polite back to me. In fact, the customer Service manager even provided me with her personal cell phone number and was available for updates through out the process.. She kept in constant contact with me. Once the bad delivery info was corrected (which did cause me a lot of inconvenience), the rest of the process went flawlessly. The money I paid for the expedited delivery was taken off my final bill, no problem at all…. NO extra charges at delivery.

Movers called me day ahead of delivery… Called me again day of, 3x to update their whereabouts.. When they arrived (exactly on time), I had the 2 most amazing, polite, careful movers anyone could have asked for. The truck driver negotiated the huge semi right up to my door, no complaints or hesitation.. And my residence is in the mountains, on a fairly steep incline.

The delivery men worked tirelessly making sure everything was moved in and placed in the correct spot, and made sure nothing was missing or broken. There was one small end table that suffered some minor damage.. The mover was more upset than me! He was very apologetic, insisted I take a photo to send to the company. The damage was so minimal I didn’t even bother.

So my advice to anyone using Big Boy Moving and Storage aka New Times Moving, would be to carefully read the delivery contract. Once my expedited dates were missed (and I really never learned WHY they were missed), they revert back to the contract.. Which is delivery within 21 business days with 24 hours notice. This did cause me a problem, but there wasn’t much I could do about it. And customer service was extremely helpful with trying to keep me informed, once their mistake was realized....

My initial estimate was increased when the pick up men came… But, I almost think this is to be expected with an online estimate. Live and learn on that one... The men told me about the increase before loading anything. They would have left if I had refused to continue. … But the fee to move my stuff was still very reasonable, even with the increase.

My belongings arrived in good condition, nothing lost. Nothing of great value broken.. and nothing broken that the movers packed....just some pottery we packed personally. After some frustration and anxiety, I ended up having an acceptable experience. Had I always been working with the “21 business days” and had I not booked the shorter delivery window, there would have been NO unpleasant surprises.

My feeling is, if a “bargain” company is hired for a short haul move, be careful not to expect all to be 5 star service. All of my anxiety was caused by the horrible communication initially (which was really inexcusable and left me very worried)…. But once it was “cleared up” (and I did get an apology from the service manager who was extremely sympathetic and understanding), all went well. Now, this move was not “all of my worldly possessions”, so I had enough furniture etc to sit tight and wait…Which made a big difference... But for me, all ended well.

KarenK

Postby KarenK » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:45 am

in my last first sentence of last paragraph of my review, it should say smaller move, not a short haul. My move was 3/4 way across country... so it was certainly not short haul.. just not a full load....

Return to “Report A Scam”