Regarding HR-1070

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Regarding HR-1070

Postby guest » Sat Apr 12, 2003 7:51 pm

I am not out to mean or anything like that.... these are my opinions that I believe will help receive more support for the bill.

1. check your spelling - gives you more crediblity
2. include the web address so people may view the bill

How do we support a bill when we don't know what it says?
Please don't be offended. Just trying to help.

Tyrone

Re: Regarding HR-1070

Postby Tyrone » Sat Apr 12, 2003 8:17 pm

I think you may have missed something. Tim's poll posting already contains a clear link for more information about the bill. Just click on the link and you get a whole page that summarizes the bill in plain Engligh. The same page also contains a link for the full text of the entire actual bill.

The general bill information page link is:
http://www.movingscam.com/news/HR-1070.shtml

The link to the full text of the entire bill as written is:
http://www.movingscam.com/files/PETRI_010.PDF

So again, your intentions might have been good but you were a bit hasty, as the information you requested was already available and clearly labelled.

As far as Tim's spelling goes, we have beaten him thoroughly with a wet noodle and ordered him to edit the thread title of his posting to change "ligislation" to "legislation". We're definitely pleased to see people giving this board a close reading! Hopefully you will follow through with the same zeal and enthusiasm when it comes to making the calls to your representatives in Washington! That is where your help is most needed right now.

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:08 pm

Guest,

Thanks for the pointer on my spelling. I hope that the updated post meets your standards (I don't need any more wet noodle beatings). As Tyrone pointed out, I think that the links that I provided have the information that you are looking for. If you feel that there is any information missing, or if you have any questions regarding HR-1070, please feel free to post your thoughts here!

Thanks again,
Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

Postby guest » Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:48 am

When I clicked on the link to read the full text, I ended up on the page general bill information page. I had go to the house.gov to read the bill. I don't know where the glich was. I'm not looking to point fingers or undermine your work. I was just trying to being helpful. I think this is a decent site. Keep up the good work. :)

Return to “Open Community”