Relyability of information

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
WHYoung

Relyability of information

Postby WHYoung » Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:59 am

:evil: That is not much of an answer!
I have spent 4 days researching Empire Moving And Storage, The ONLY place I can find anything negitive about them is thier name in on your black list. Youris the only one and there is no explination of why.Si it stands a compeditor could place your name on this list and the public would not know the differance.
I would think you would be able to give me some information on why they are there!
A responsible organization would at least verify their information and pass it on to the public.As it strands now YOUR credibility is in question. Your site is only as good as the ACCURATE information you provide.Simply saying "If they are there is a reason." is a grade school answer and is irresponsible. If you can not back up your info you had better take down the site because you surely will be sued by someone.As a consumer I am VERY disappointed in the service you have provided and will let it be know by posting this E-Mail on the open forums so other consumers can see for themselves what kind of credibility your site has!!!!!!
I have spent 4 days researching Empire Moving And Storage, The ONLY place I can find anything negitive about them is thier name in on your black list. Youris the only one and there is no explination of why.

----- Original Message -----
To: <whyoung666@hotmail.com>
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2003 9:42 PM
Subject: Re: Empire Moving

> If they are on our BLACK LIST there is a reason........
>
>
>
>
>
>
> >From: "bill1" <whyoung666@hotmail.com>
> >To: <info@movingadvocateteam.com>
> >Subject: Empire Moving
> >Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 18:43:12 -0400
> >
> >I requested info on Empire moving and storage, I am getting close to my move date and would like to know what the complaint was against Empire. If it was serious I will cancil my move with them, Please let me know soon.
> >
> >Thank you William Young
>
>

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:44 am

WHYoung,

You seem a bit confused. Empire is not listed on the MovingScam.com black list. The email message that you quoted is from MovingAdvocateTeam.com; Please look in your address bar and you will see that you are viewing the web site MovingScam.com not MovingAdvocateTeam.com. Please take up any issues that you have with the appropriate web site.

Now, if you had really done your homework, you would have noticed that they 1) only have contract authority, no common authority. They also only carry BIPD (bodily injury and property damage) insurance. If you would like to have someone without any cargo insurance move your belongings, then that's up to you but don't come back here to complain about them. 2) If you were really doing your homework you would have noticed that they are still APPLYING for thier DOT license. That doesn't raise a red flag with you? 3) This company registered their business over a year ago, yet they don't have any record (satisfactory or unsatisfactory) with the BBB at all. Doesn't that seem strange to you?

Look, we're here to help you but if you come here to complain about something that doesn't have anything to do with this web site, and claim to be researching a company that you obviusly aren't researching then don't expect us to go out of our way for you. If you have questions that are relevant to this web site, then by all means ask.

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

WHYoung

Postby WHYoung » Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:11 am

I can see you took offense at the posting , It was not ment to slam you!
The site http://www.movingadvocateteam.com IS linked to this site!
That is how I found them, I also stated that the only place I found the name listed was on movingadvocateteam, I also posted the same letter on His forum and the message was deleted!!! I guess he doesnt want the public to know what his site is realy all about (pay pal donations???)
I believe in sharing reliable information, I also believe a company MUST have the right to defend itself from false charges.
I also must now defend myself at this point! As of yesterday Empire DOES have a DOT number, I also called The BBB, I stated I could not find any negitive info on them.
I think this information is relevant to this web site!! and all sites dealing with this issue. I simply requested a little info, the response was very childish. I think a serious subject should be talen seriously. I am not here to cut down the people who make an honest effort , as I am sure you would not want any moving company who was legit to suffer from false charges.

WHYoung,

You seem a bit confused. Empire is not listed on the MovingScam.com black list. The email message that you quoted is from MovingAdvocateTeam.com; Please look in your address bar and you will see that you are viewing the web site MovingScam.com not MovingAdvocateTeam.com. Please take up any issues that you have with the appropriate web site.

Now, if you had really done your homework, you would have noticed that they 1) only have contract authority, no common authority. They also only carry BIPD (bodily injury and property damage) insurance. If you would like to have someone without any cargo insurance move your belongings, then that's up to you but don't come back here to complain about them. 2) If you were really doing your homework you would have noticed that they are still APPLYING for thier DOT license. That doesn't raise a red flag with you? 3) This company registered their business over a year ago, yet they don't have any record (satisfactory or unsatisfactory) with the BBB at all. Doesn't that seem strange to you?

Look, we're here to help you but if you come here to complain about something that doesn't have anything to do with this web site, and claim to be researching a company that you obviusly aren't researching then don't expect us to go out of our way for you. If you have questions that are relevant to this web site, then by all means ask.

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com[/quote]

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:07 pm

WHYoung,

No offense was taken since you obviously don't know what you're talking about. Let me explain:

1) The message that you posted previously clearly states "The ONLY place I can find anything negitive about them is thier name in on your black list". The context of that sentence would lead anyone with basic reading skills to believe that you are addressing this web site, and not MovingAdvocateTeam.com - the web site with whom you take issue with.

2) Empire Moving operates for a year, and just gets a DOT license yesterday and we're supposed to think that they're the good guys?!? I may have been born at night, but it wasn't last night.

3) MovingAdvocateTeam.com does provide links to this site, and MovingScam.com does provide a link to MovingAdvocateTeam.com. We also work together on special projects. That does not make MovingScam.com responsible for the content on MovingAdvocateTeam.com or vice versa. If you have a problem with the content on MovingAdvocateTeam.com's web site, then you simply have to take it up with that web site.

4) You state that you called the BBB and told them that you cannot find any "negitive" information on them. So you called the BBB to report that you have nothing to report. Great. Good for you. I'm glad to see that you're being proactive!

My response is and was direct and to the point. I addressed the issues that you brought to this forum on a point by point basis in my prior post as well as this post. I cannot help the fact that the issues that you bring to this web site have nothing to do with anything that has been posted here prior to your original message.

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

consumer advocate

empire moving

Postby consumer advocate » Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:22 pm

Mr. Young,

Please do us the favor of reporting here your experience with Empire Moving & Storage, once you've completed your move. thanks.

WHYoung

Re: empire moving

Postby WHYoung » Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:00 pm

consumer advocate wrote:Mr. Young,

Please do us the favor of reporting here your experience with Empire Moving & Storage, once you've completed your move. thanks.

It will be my pleasure, I am also a consumer looking for information and it seems I have stured up a hornets nest, But what I still find strange is I still have not gotten an answer to my original question, Why are they on the list?? It has now slanted to me not knowing what I am talking about?? lets get real, All this defensiveness over a simple question.
I would think the public should take a close look at the way my questions have been recieved here and think about it.
This is the last exchange between myself and James and I will give you a moving report.

You still have not given me ANY reason why they are there, who the ripped
off, what they did, ?????
As for my problem I believe you should be held to the same standards you
hold the moving industry to! If a competitor sends in a false report you
get black listed!! Sounds like McCarthyism!!,
As for out of your own pocket, you do have a donation system set up!! Do
you claim it on your taxes??
I guess you don not want any of this on the message board, guess you have
something to hide !! If not you would not fear a little criticism!!!!!
I think all responsible businesses should be treated fairly and all rip off
put out of business, There has to be checks and balances, a company MUST
have a way to defend itself from false allegations, This IS STILL AMERICA
innocent until proven guilty!!!!!!! or is the constitution dead??
I can not believe I am spending this much time defending some one I do not
know, I guess its the irresponsible way you have chosen to deal with this
subject, The following quote was taken from your web site!!!!!! "If your
company is on this list and you disagree, please feel free to contact us. We
enjoy a good laugh." That should tell all visitors to your site how
seriously you take this!!
Responsible exchange of information is what makes the internet such a great
tool,Irresponsible use of it is why there has to be checks and balances!

William Young

----- Original Message -----
To: <whyoung666@hotmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 10:56 AM
Subject: Re: Message Board Message Needs Approval

> What is your problem? I run a site on my own time and out of my own
pocket.
>
> Why is Empire on the BLACK LIST??? Read the site I spent hours putting
together........They are there simply because CONSUMERS have informed me
that they were RIPPED OFF by these clowns...........
>
> If you feel that they are ok then use them.........MY SITE IS A FREE
SERVICE.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> >From: MsgNotification@bulletinboards.com
> >To: jbaldrar@hotmail.com

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:32 pm

WHYoung,

You still don't get it. I cannot tell you why Empire is black listed on MovingAdvocateTeam.com. You are posting messages on MovingScam.com and I cannot answer questions about something that I don't have any control over such as a company that is on a black list of another web site that I do not administer!

Empire is not on MovingScam.com's black list. If they were, then I could try to address your concerns. As it stands, you continue to quote from email that did not originate from anyone at MovingScam.com.

Is that clear enough? As if it weren't I do believe that your answer in regards to why they are listed on MovingAdvocateTeam.com is in the email from MovingAdvocateTeam.com.... "They are there simply because CONSUMERS have informed me that they were RIPPED OFF by these clowns".

You are obviously unable to differentiate the web site that you are corresponding with via email from the web site that you are posting messages to via the message board. Regardless, I will be happy to answer your questions regarding how MovingScam.com handles donations.... During the fiscal year of 2002 for which I recently filed taxes for, MovingScam.com collected a grand total of $5.00 in donations, and I did not report that single donation. This year donations are higher, and I do keep intricate details of the donation amounts which, if meet IRS requirements, will be filed with my 2003 taxes.

Also, in regards to your comment - "I guess you don not want any of this on the message board, guess you have something to hide" - Let me just point out that all of your messages have been posted here in their entirety. What more do you want?

Next, innocent until proven guilty is a referance to the United States justice system. This is a message board. A message board cannot decide legal guilt or innocence of an individual or corporation. We have another law here called freedom of speech. Do you understand the difference?

Later in your post you say "The following quote was taken from your web site ...". Let me point out to you againt that you are unable to differentiate between MovingScam.com and MovingAdvocateTeam.com. The statement and web site that you are referring to is MovingAdvocateTeam.com. The web site that you are posting messages to is MovingScam.com. Notice the difference in spelling.... are you starting to get this?

Here, let's put them next to each other:

MovingScam.com -vs- MovingAdvocateTeam.com

See how one is different than the other?!? Stop posting questions about one web site on a message board of another web site! Do you post messages about Fox News on CNN's web site? Of course not. Don't do it here!

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

WHYoung

Postby WHYoung » Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:48 pm

twalker wrote:WHYoung,
You are obviously not reading ALL the posts. I have posted copys of my emails with movingadvocateteam, NOWHERE did I ask or expect you to answer the question!!!!!!!!!!! You can't seem to grasp the concept that I posted the letters between myself and movingadvocateteam so people could see how they responded!!!!!!!!! AT NO POINT HAVE I EVER CLAIMED THAT YOUR SITE HAS DONE ANYTHING WRONG. I am not stupid, I know the differance between the sites, the fact that movingadvocateteam removed my post and you did not is to your CREDIT!!!! I hope this clears it up before you blow a gasket!

I find it hard to believe all this has come from trying to find information!!!!!!!!
I guess it goes to show how things are when people get defensive!!!!!

You still don't get it. I cannot tell you why Empire is black listed on MovingAdvocateTeam.com. You are posting messages on MovingScam.com and I cannot answer questions about something that I don't have any control over such as a company that is on a black list of another web site that I do not administer!

Empire is not on MovingScam.com's black list. If they were, then I could try to address your concerns. As it stands, you continue to quote from email that did not originate from anyone at MovingScam.com.

Is that clear enough? As if it weren't I do believe that your answer in regards to why they are listed on MovingAdvocateTeam.com is in the email from MovingAdvocateTeam.com.... "They are there simply because CONSUMERS have informed me that they were RIPPED OFF by these clowns".

You are obviously unable to differentiate the web site that you are corresponding with via email from the web site that you are posting messages to via the message board. Regardless, I will be happy to answer your questions regarding how MovingScam.com handles donations.... During the fiscal year of 2002 for which I recently filed taxes for, MovingScam.com collected a grand total of $5.00 in donations, and I did not report that single donation. This year donations are higher, and I do keep intricate details of the donation amounts which, if meet IRS requirements, will be filed with my 2003 taxes.

Also, in regards to your comment - "I guess you don not want any of this on the message board, guess you have something to hide" - Let me just point out that all of your messages have been posted here in their entirety. What more do you want?

Next, innocent until proven guilty is a referance to the United States justice system. This is a message board. A message board cannot decide legal guilt or innocence of an individual or corporation. We have another law here called freedom of speech. Do you understand the difference?

Later in your post you say "The following quote was taken from your web site ...". Let me point out to you againt that you are unable to differentiate between MovingScam.com and MovingAdvocateTeam.com. The statement and web site that you are referring to is MovingAdvocateTeam.com. The web site that you are posting messages to is MovingScam.com. Notice the difference in spelling.... are you starting to get this?

Here, let's put them next to each other:

MovingScam.com -vs- MovingAdvocateTeam.com

See how one is different than the other?!? Stop posting questions about one web site on a message board of another web site! Do you post messages about Fox News on CNN's web site? Of course not. Don't do it here!

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:00 pm

Enough... the last word is all yours. This topic is locked.

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

Return to “Open Community”