Moving a car

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Stacy

Moving a car

Postby Stacy » Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:13 pm

I just requested quotes from several companies regarding trassporting my car from Virginia to California. Is there anything specific that I should look out for as warning signs?

Michael

Auto

Postby Michael » Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:02 pm

Stacy,

Look out for companies requiring money upfront, down payments, and brokers.

When you are quoted prices, ask if that includes valuation (insurance) and the amount it includes. What is the delivery spread? Do they pay you per day for late delivery beyond the last day of the delivery spread?

Will it be enclosed or on an outside carrier? If you have a choice, is it anymore expensive for one or the other? Ask if they charge or include any fuel surcharges, to offset for the high cost of diesel fuel? Is there an oversize fee (truck, van, suv)?

Ask who is responsible for the inventory of the car, you or the driver? Is it picked-up at residence, or do they tow it back to the dock, or will they pick it up at residence?

This should be a good starting point for you. It doesnt mean your saved, but at least now when your asking questions, you will be educated about what to ask.

If I can help any more, please feel free to email me.

Good luck,
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget

Rebel

automobile transporters

Postby Rebel » Wed Apr 09, 2003 1:48 am

Stacy,
If you could, please post the carriers you get quotes from. I'm currently starting to look into vehicle carriers and records of them.

Rebel

automobile transporters

Postby Rebel » Wed Apr 09, 2003 1:48 am

Stacy,
If you could, please post the carriers you get quotes from. I'm currently starting to look into vehicle carriers and records of them.

Return to “Open Community”