White Lion, Boca Raton, Florida

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
jllud

White Lion, Boca Raton, Florida

Postby jllud » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:45 am

Has anyone had experience with White Lion Moving and Storage of Boca Raton Florida? Any dealings with A an J's Moving Services in South Florida?

Diane

Re: White Lion, Boca Raton, Florida

Postby Diane » Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:31 am

Is this an interstate move or a local move within Florida? Where did you find these companies?

White Lion's MC # is 298528. Its record on www.safers.org doesn't look too great (many insurance cancellations and a high driver-out-of-service rating), but I've seen much worse. It seems to have been in business for a number of years, which is a plus. There's nothing awful about it either on www.sunbiz.org or www.bbb.org. Before using this company, though, I recommend that you get multiple references and (if possible) drive to its "offices" to see what they're like.

If you do a search on "White Lion" on this website (put quotation marks around the phrase), you'll see that there's another thread in which a person named John moving from Miami to Atlanta described a number of companies. You might find information there that you can use.

I was unable to find the other company you mention. You need to get its MC (Motor Carrier) license number and its exact name and address so we can research it for you.

Tyrone

Postby Tyrone » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:37 am

Can you please confirm which (if any) of the following companies you are considering:

White Lion Moving & Storage
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
(954) 564-0003

Pompano Beach, FL 33060
(954) 781-9900

White Lion Van Lines
1040 Holland Drive, Boca Raton, FL 33487
(561) 997-2400

White Lion Van Lines
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
(561) 835-8688

White Lion Van Lines
Miami, FL 33107
(305) 373-0304

White Lion Van Lines
(954) 564-0003

grace palagi

Postby grace palagi » Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:06 am

jllud wrote:Has anyone had experience with White Lion Moving and Storage of Boca Raton Florida? Any dealings with A an J's Moving Services in South Florida?
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

grace

Postby grace » Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:06 am

jllud wrote:Has anyone had experience with White Lion Moving and Storage of Boca Raton Florida? Any dealings with A an J's Moving Services in South Florida?

WE HAVE A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH WHITE LION BOCA RATON FLORIDA. THIS COMPANY DO NOT DELIVERY OUR BELONGS AND FURNITURE> THE LITTLE THEY DELIVERY( 43 DAYS LATHER AFTER THEY PUT IN THER STORAGE WITHOUT OUR PERMISSION) IS DAMAGE AND MISSING...MISSING< MISSING,MISSING??????????????????????????????
WHERE???????????????????????????????????THIS PEOPLE BELONG TO THE JAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x :cry: :x :cry:

duffy

Postby duffy » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:31 am

My mother used them to move from Boca Raton to Cincinnati in August of 2003. As of March 2004, they have still not reimbursed her for damages in the amount of about $2,100. The broke several pieces of furniture (cracked a marbletop table), had water damage to several items, etc. They will not return her calls and the receptionist keeps giving her the runaround. Even tried emailing and they ignore those too. My mom even paid for the optional insurance with $0 deductible and they still won't pay. Stay away from White Lion movers, they don't pay for what they damage.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:33 am

Duffy,

Thanks for reporting your experience, and I'm very sorry about what happened to you. I don't know whether Grace ever filed a formal complaint about White Lion on this website, but I urge you to do so. We already have a database of many hundreds of scam situations that have occurred and we want to keep updating it.

Although people in the moving industry have been invited to do so, the shameful fact is that CONSUMERS who have been scammed have never been allowed to testify before Congress about what they have suffered. We want to give them a voice through our complaint database as we work for good laws to remedy the lawless state of the moving industry in this country. We want to make sure that what happened to you and others never happens to anyone else, ever again.

The White Lion Van Lines in Boca Raton used by Grace has the MC # 298528. When I looked at the company's website today at www.whitelion.com, I noticed that they are claiming to be an "AMSA Certified Van Line" right up there with Atlas Van Lines, United Van Lines, etc. But they aren't on the list of such van lines (or moving companies) on the AMSA website at www.moving.org. I would think that the AMSA would like to know about this, just as the BBB likes to know about it when movers claim to be members and aren't. You might want to give the AMSA a call, and also tell them about your unpaid claim.

amused

Postby amused » Fri May 07, 2004 4:16 pm

They are all the same company they don't pay their workers on time don't pay their claims and have had problems with theft i would not recommend them.They have one place in Boca Raton and are not a nationwide van line. They have at least 3 laws suits pending with Palm Beach consummer affairs that i am aware of.

Tyrone wrote:Can you please confirm which (if any) of the following companies you are considering:

(954) 564-0003

Pompano Beach, FL 33060
(954) 781-9900

White Lion Van Lines
1040 Holland Drive, Boca Raton, FL 33487
(561) 997-2400

White Lion Van Lines
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
(561) 835-8688

White Lion Van Lines
Miami, FL 33107
(305) 373-0304

White Lion Van Lines
(954) 564-0003

Goodyear

Postby Goodyear » Sat May 08, 2004 12:08 am

I am a little late to this game. They moved me allright. And they took 3 weeks longer than anticipated to deliver. They did not charge me any extra money or hold my stuff, but have done nothing about the thousand dollars of damage to my furniture. BEWARE>

danielle

Postby danielle » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:08 pm

White lion moved me from Tampa to new jersey. They were 4 days late but the quality and care they took of my belongings was great. The only problem i had with them was they were a little late. Besides that eveything went well. I would use them again if i ever move.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:12 pm

Who are you, "craig davisson" or "danielle"--and why are you posting from Fort Lauderdale when you supposedly live in New Jersey now? Give us a break!

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:24 pm

I have moved with White Lion Van lines twice now. It was a wonderful experience. I dealt with jean cleade, i think thats what his name was. Some dirt got on the floor but it was minor .In all great company and would recommend to anyone looking to move locally.

He DID say he moved twice. Guess he went to Jersey to get that sex change operation.

(for those of you confused, this person posted the quoted bit on another thread about White Lion, using a different name. Fake reviews are easily spotted)

James Fischer

Postby James Fischer » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:11 pm

I am inviting anyone that has a complaint about our company to contact me directly. I am not hiding. I am the general manager of this company and my name is Jim Fischer, I can be reached at extension 206. I understand the purpose of this website and I feel that it could be very helpful. At the same time, the administrators of this website have a duty to the general public to be sure that information posted on this website is accurate and fair. I feel that anyone who posts a remark on this site should show that they ACTUALLY moved with us and that we should be given a chance to be fairly portrayed. I will acknowledge three customers who have used our service and our posting on this site. I would like to address each of you individually: Ms. Palagi, I apologize for what happened with your move. However, it is not fair to be posting your remarks while still involved in an insurance settlement. I have personally met you and I know that you are an extremely kind person. Mr. and Mrs. Dhillon, I apologize that your claim for your missing ping pong table and other items has no validity. Finally, MR GIANSANTE, you are fully welcome to try to give me a course in ethics and give me an old fashioned whippin. You tell everyone to use the devil before us, so does that mean you will do their move?...........You should be ashamed of yourself

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:02 pm

James,

Are you and Craig one and the same, or are you just sharing a computer? He posted around the same time as you.

James Fischer

Postby James Fischer » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:05 am

He is probably one of my sales reps. It would show as the same computer since all of the computers in our office are on the same server.

Return to “Open Community”