Time to Move, Inc.

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
hrgrad1201

Time to Move, Inc.

Postby hrgrad1201 » Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:02 pm

:?: I'm considering using a company called Time to Move, Inc. and their website is http://www.time-to-move.com. They are out of Chicago and they are not on the Blacklist. I can't seem to find much at all on them. They have told me that they have been in business for a little over a year. I've corresponded with a man named Dan You through email and over the phone. He was very courteous and explained the whole process and answered all my questions. I would like to know if anyone has heard of them or knows of their services. Thanks.

Tyrone

Postby Tyrone » Fri Apr 04, 2003 4:38 am

Right away they are already lying to you:

Time To Move Moving, Packing & Storage, Inc. located at 2140 N. Pierce, Chicago, IL was granted operating authority less than six months ago.

You can see the link for yourself where they just got started in October of last year:

http://fmcsa-li.volpe.dot.gov/LIVIEW/pk ... _name=TIME^TO^MOVE^MOVING,^PACKING^~^STORAGE,^INC.&pv_pref_docket=MC435001&pv_usdot_no=1042951&pv_vpath=LIVIEW

So, if they told you they have been in business for "a little over a year" they have already proven themselves to be liars. Their BBB and blacklist records are clean because in all likelihood this is just another new alias name for the same ol' gang of criminals.

This company is also listed on the scam-filled site 123movers.com, a moving directory site populated almost entirely by scam movers. On that site they claim to be based out of Ohio, yet they list the same DOT numbers issued this past fall to the Chicago outfit.

Clearly they are on a path of deception. The red flags are flying all over the place on this one. Sorry.

My guess (and it's ONLY a guess!) is that this may be another front for the notorious "U.S. Movers" operation which is based out of the Chicago area.

Return to “Open Community”