Question for AIC or others who paid shuttle and extras

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:19 pm

I think the B.S. is what you are saying.
I am moving and have printed out Harry's advice to follow.
Sorry Support I cant wait 100 years for some bill to be passed.
I'll let you all know how my move comes out.
If anyone besides Harry has any good advice email me at jaycohenmd5@hotmail.com

Support H.R. 1070

Postby Support H.R. 1070 » Sat Mar 29, 2003 2:16 pm

I sincerely wish you the best of luck with your move. I would not want anyone to go through the hell we all went through. Hopefully, your move will go smoothly and the movers will unload your stuff for the price they quoted you. I hope that you do not find out first hand how much H.R. 1070 is needed.

Tyrone

Postby Tyrone » Tue Apr 01, 2003 2:28 pm

News flash for Harry:

Many of the scam companies do not accept credit cards.
In my case, I was told in writing by US Movers that they would accept cash, credit cards, checks, and money orders. They actually went so far as to fax me a credit card authorization to sign and return.

When they actually showed up, they said "CASH ONLY!!!"

I showed them their own letter stating all the allowed payment methods. They said that the letter was very nice and that they would accept "CASH ONLY!!!". And they didn't even take into consideration the credit card authorization they had already obtained.

The police officer who responded on the scene attempted to get them to honor one of the other means of payment as promised but he could not force them. So Harry, this is yet another example of how your suggestions lead to a false sense of security for the consumer. The hard facts are:

#1: There is no defense against a scammer once they have decided to scam you.
#2: There is no way of knowing in advance, with 100% certainty, that a given mover will not decide to scam you. (Major affiliate or not!)
#3: When you are scammed, credit card payments are not always available, and even when available are not always disputable, and even when disputable are not always reversed.

Return to “Open Community”