Question about mover

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Question about mover

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 21, 2003 7:08 pm

:?: I am thinking of using a Denver company called "Angels of Mercy" for a long distance move. They have given me a quote in writing but do not plan to come for an on site estimate as they do not charge by weight, but by distance. The quote states "final price" regardless of weight, they are fully insured and bonded, have provided me with DOT and ICC numbers, and a list of references...all of which are positive. What more should I ask before trusting a small, privately owned company over a more expensive well-known company such as United, Mayflower, etc?
Also, how binding is such a "quote"..is it an actual contract?
I am asking for advice as well as if anyone has dealt with this company before?

consumer advocate

caution

Postby consumer advocate » Fri Mar 21, 2003 7:24 pm

I'd be extremely cautious about this company. I'm not able to bring up their insurance information on the DOT website. It looks like they're very new. Read the article "How to Find a Reputable Mover" which you can get to from the home page of this site.

Tyrone

DO NOT USE "Angels of Mercy"!!!

Postby Tyrone » Sat Mar 22, 2003 3:56 am

DO NOT USE "ANGELS OF MERCY LLC"!!!

The government REVOKED their authority as a personal goods carrier on August 27, 2002!

Here's the Colorado state web site where you can see for yourself:

http://www.dora.state.co.us/pls/real/pu ... =PRC-60209

Good thing you checked with us before hiring them! If they accept personal goods for shipment or delivery then they are operating illegally! Basically that means that even if they did have insurance (which it appears they do not!) their insurance coverage would be void because most insurers will not cover an illegal act. Angels of Mercy could sell all your belonging and just tell you that they burned up in a fire or something, and you would have no real recourse.

"Angels of Mercy"? More like "Demons of Lying" if ya ask me!

Thanks for the tip

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 22, 2003 5:47 pm

Thank You for saving me from the biggest mistake that I could have made!!!! :oops:

Chris

Permit

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:20 pm

For what it's worth, it appears their permit was reissued on March 27, 2003. That's from your own link above.

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:48 am

They still don't appear to have an active DOT or MC license, or the required insurance to perform any kind of transportation services. Their DOT license is still listed as Applying, yet they have already had two inspections (one of which the driver failed).

http://www.safersys.org/query.asp?searchtype=ANY&query_type=queryCarrierSnapshot&query_param=USDOT&query_string=1006991

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

Tyrone

Postby Tyrone » Tue Apr 01, 2003 2:44 pm

After doing the initial investigation to answer the original question on this thread, I contacted the Colorado P.U.C. to advise them that this company was apparently still operating in violation of their permit revocation.

The PUC thanked me for my concern, etc. and promised to look into it. Now I see that their permit has been re-issued. Sheesh. The crminals are back in business thanks to an effort to put them back out of business.

No good deed goes unpunished...

SYS

Postby SYS » Tue Apr 01, 2003 3:29 pm

Tyrone,

Why am I not surprised by this!!!!

Remember my story of filing a complaint report on a scam company to DOT/FMCSA, and they in turn rewarded the company with licenses to give them greater legitimacy to continue scamming innocent victims????

I still haven't heard from them regarding my second complaint about this very issue.

bob

Postby bob » Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:35 am

All American Mayflower in Denver is a very reliable mover, yes they may be more expensive but you will get a good move for a fair price.

Return to “Open Community”