mayflower, atlas, allied

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
calcock

Postby calcock » Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:55 pm

Thanks for the advice. I will certainly keep you informed concerning what transpires.

Michael

Collecting more

Postby Michael » Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:29 pm

I would also suggest, that if you "DID NOT" sign an addendum at the time of load, and before the driver loaded anything onto his truck, then they are bound by the price, if they quoted you a binding or a not to exceed quote.

If you received just an estimate, then yes, you are liable for 110% at the time of delivery. And yes, once invoiced for the remaining balance you have 30 days to pay.

Also, ask to see the ceritfied weight scale tickets. Call your sales representative and or coordinator. Make sure they are aware of what the driver is telling you.

But if you signed an addendum at time of load, and the move was properly protested by the driver, before loading anything on his truck, then unfortunately you need to pay the amount.

Good luck!!
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:48 pm

No 'addendum' of any kind was signed at the time of load. They have aggreed to weigh the truck before and after unloading my belongings, but will not discuss the quote.

UPDATE:
I was informed this morning that my belongings would be put in storage, and not delivered, and I would have to pad for this storage plus another delivery fee, if I did not sign a document indicating that I would pay for the extra poundage within 30 days. I guess I am in the 'hostage' phase of the move.

Furthermore, I was officially told that there may be additional charges for unloading my belongings, bused on the drivers evaluation of the situation. Wait and see how that plays out.

Emails I am receiving from Mayflower continue to talk about paying for the weight difference, and will make no mention about the original quote.

Taxiflora

This is outrageous.

Postby Taxiflora » Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:12 pm

Was your original quote binding or non-binding?

Keep up those e-mails to Mayflower (the headquarters in Fenton). Make sure they know as often as possible the EXACT AMOUNT and nature (binding or non-binding) of your quote, even if they won't acknowledge it in their responses. Print out copies of everything. Again, write to them that the agent has already demanded that you sign papers before they will unload. Put Mayflower on notice that these papers will be signed by you under duress.

When the driver arrives, demand a copy of your original weight ticket. There should have been one generated by the origin agent. Get this weight ticket as well as the second weight ticket that will be generated by the re-weighing. You want to protect yourself from weight-bumping at the second re-weighing, especially if you are not there to witness it (but of course you should be there).

It looks like they're following the "hostage" script now. They're putting the screws to you with their "if you don't sign these extra documents and pay us $x amount, then we will put your stuff in storage and then you will really owe us serious cash." The next line in the script is "we will sell your property in 30 days if you can't pay us the storage and redelivery bill." It sounds like they're also doing the "additional services at destination" bit. I'm sure they will tell you that all amounts for these "unforeseen additional services at destination" must be tendered in full at destination.

Keep up your e-mails to Mayflower, both before and after the move. No matter what happens, print out and keep all copies. If you speak to anyone by phone, follow it up with something in writing (e-mail or fax) restating the conversation.

Michael

Postby Michael » Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:33 pm

That is just utter butt %^$# that Mayflower is pulling on you. Sounds like the same agent that tried to pull some crap on a customer of mine a few short months ago..

I would highly recommend you call Mayflower Operations, and discuss this with them.

This agent did not follow the correct procedures that have been established for protesting a move. And then have the audacity to hold you hostage til you pay.

Utter crap. This is the exact type of bull#@$% that pisses me off, especially when I am affiliated with them on a National aspect.

Good Luck,
Michael

Tyrone

Postby Tyrone » Sun Apr 06, 2003 11:09 pm

Calcock and Michael must be lying. Harry O'Briend has made it abundantly clear that affiliates of the major vanlines are incapable of scam behavior.

:?

Michael

NOW NOW

Postby Michael » Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:43 pm

Now now Tyrone, lets not mixed my name in with the terms, "lying", "cheating", "scam" and so fourth. We know I passed the test when they filmed me on Dateline.

:D
Michael

Tyrone

Postby Tyrone » Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:16 am

'Twas sarcasm directed at those who refuse to acknowledge that affiliates of the majors can scam people just as easily as independents. Sorry for the implication if it was taken literally -- those familiar with this board know that there is a guy named "Harry O'Brien" who has repeatedly suggested that all you have to do is hire a major affiliate and PRESTO! you have iron clad, bullet proof, impenetrable defense against ever being scammed. Obviously that is an absurd suggestion.

Michael, your contributions and integrity are well documented. Calcock also strikes me as 100% credible. My comment was a tongue in check barb utilizing your collective credibility to demontsrate the fallacy of Harry O'Brien's suggestion.

Michael

Tyrone

Postby Michael » Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:55 pm

Tyrone,

No offense was taken by me as to what you said. Like you, I was joking around also. Tongue in check.

Thus the smiley face, that didnt show. So no offense taken, I know what you were saying.

Thanks though
Michael

Return to “Open Community”