Yuma Arizona to Roanoke Virginia - Please help

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
steveb3163

Yuma Arizona to Roanoke Virginia - Please help

Postby steveb3163 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:45 pm

Hi Everyone,
We have never used a moving company before.
We are looking to move in 3 weeks, My wife is starting a job in VA Nov 1st.
My wife got several quotes (as her work are paying for the move) which all appear to be from brokers.
American Van Lines
Herrmann Brothers
AllPro Moving
500Move
Please can someone help me find a reputable mover and how best to go through this process.
I have started looking at posts and info on this site as much as possible, but to be honest the rush involved and the stress is overwhelming.
If someone could please help with and A,B,C - 1,2,3 list of things to do and or links to such I would so appreciate it.
Most of all - which companies are best - cost does come into it somewhat.
We have a 3 bedroom home, and have the usual amount to move for such a home.
PLEASE HELP ASAP.
Cheers - steveb3163

BigLeeCalif

Re: Yuma Arizona to Roanoke Virginia - Please help

Postby BigLeeCalif » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:26 pm

Hello there.

You said your wife's company is paying for the move. Did they give her a budget or a flat amount for her to handle?

If they are paying, stay away from these brokers. Your chances are infinitely more than if you used a reputable van line or independent mover with THEIR OWN hauling authority.

In Yuma, there is Dircks, Horizon, North American Van Lines. Get them to come out to your home and give you a visual survey that includes packing, and make it a binding, not-to-exceed estimate.

You want to make sure that the mover will be handling your move to finish. It is okay if an agent at destination if your shipment requires storage. At origin, if you require packing. It is an additional plus if they can also haul it, which will minimize the chances of transit damage.
You can email me when you get your estimate, and I will check it out. I am not here daily.
leander.d.williams@att.net
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Return to “Open Community”