to sue or not to sue?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Bryan

to sue or not to sue?

Postby Bryan » Thu Mar 20, 2003 2:04 pm

:? I am debating whether or not it would be worth it to sue Concord Van Lines for inflating the price of my move from the original quote. I am not a lawyer nor have I ever sued anyone but I am considering it now from all they put me through. Luckily, the FBI has located my belongings on one of their trailers they confiscated for evidence and I will be receiving my belongings in approximately two weeks. That would mean I went about 6 weeks without any of my belongings! It adds up when you have to buy duplicates of things that you already own. If you add up all the expenses from eating out at nights to doing other everyday things, it comes to be quite a bit.

Again, I don't have any law experience but I believe I can file a civil suit against them but I don't know if it would be worth it if all the lawyer and court fees might outweigh the compensation I would be seeking. If anyone has any advice about what to do, please let me know. Thanks.

Missing things.....

Postby guest » Fri Mar 21, 2003 5:46 pm

You are lucky that you only went 6 weeks without your belongings. I've been 6 months now with "missing" boxes and my computer. I hope the FBI does identify and return the items found in warehouses. Some of the items I'm missing can't be replaced. They are not priceless but items owned by a deceased. I'm just praying that if the boxes are found they are not crushed and smashed like my things that were delivered. By the way, who are you planning to sue? All the companies assets are impounded by the FBI and the owners and employees in jail.

Return to “Open Community”