How to get an accurate estimate and a great move

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Harry O'Brien

Postby Harry O'Brien » Mon Mar 24, 2003 10:21 am

Butinski wrote:Give it up Harry. Some of the people on this board do not accept the concept of personal responcibility. They want the goverment to make everything idiot proof.
Tim is trying to do something good here. Some times his followers can not see past the party line.

Tyrone. You quoted that moron Robbed?? Come on. We really expected better of you then that.

Personal responsibility exactly my point Butinski.

The purpose of my post was to empower consumers with a strategical meathod that would lead to an accurate price with any legitimate moving company.

This is a Pro-active approach that if people like Tyrone knew about and followed in the first place their would be no need for a board like this.

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Mon Mar 24, 2003 10:38 am

Harry,

1) The main idea that you continue to bring up is to promote the use of the 'majors' which has nothing to do with consumer rights, or protection - which is what I'm promoting here. I will not allow this web site to promote any company, or group of a few companies based on the mis-belief that the use of those few will give consumers any added protections. Please stop promoting yourself and get with the program.

2) Butinski is a loose cannon. Don't encourage him.

To the rest of the folks active on this thread, including Harry... get it under control or I'll lock the thread. This is becoming a waste of everyone's time, and a distraction from anything having to do with helping consumers.

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

Tyrone

Postby Tyrone » Tue Mar 25, 2003 11:50 am

Harry brought up the idea of personal responsibility on the part of the consumer. Let's look at that, from the consumer's point of view.

Personal reponsibility is fine and I'm all for that. What I am not for is assuming that personal responsibility on the part of the consumer REPLACES any professional responsibility on the part of the mover. That is exactly what Harry is advocating and it is wrong. The professional responsibilities of the mover outweigh the personal responsibilities of the consumer who is PAYING FOR THAT SERVICE.

If a consumer is paying someone to provide a service specifically to allow the consumer to sit back and relax, then that is what is expected. But by the time a consumer goes through all the steps and jumps through all the hoops necessary to avoid being scammed, it would have been cheaper in both financial and emotional capital to move it himself. If the consumer can't sit back and relax after all, then why pay for an illusory privilege?

That brings us back to your point of accepting personal responsibility. Moving it oneself is the ultimate in personal responsibility, is it not? I'm so glad we agree.

Harry O'Brien

Postby Harry O'Brien » Tue Mar 25, 2003 2:38 pm

That was not my intention at all Tyrone.
My post was not about fault finding only an offering of an effective way for the consumer to be proactive in their quest to recieve a legitimate estimate from a legitimate company.

Tim, I think it is time to close this thread

Return to “Open Community”