What should I do?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
holly

What should I do?

Postby holly » Tue Mar 18, 2003 3:29 pm

The short version: A Florida-based moving company (not one of the ones on the list of indictments, however) estimated my move at $1,500. The company subcontracted to a local mover (who is on the blacklist). The subsequent moving experience and the treatment of me and my family was one of the worst of my life, felt more like a rape than a move and their lies were extensive. Once everything was on the truck, my total went up to $3,200.

Now I am arranging the delivery of my belongings to my new place. Half of the total is due upon delivery. I am ready to go forward with complaints to the BBB, AG's office, FBI, local media etc. but I am unsure of the best time to do this.

Should I do it while my stuff is en route but before it arrives? After it arrives and after I've paid? Should I refuse to pay the remaining amount until my complaints are addressed? I am really strapped for money, I cannot afford an attorney, so I am unwilling to sue. I just want to get my stuff back, warn others about these companies and, if possible, to get the remaining amount I owe down to something more reasonable.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

[b]DO NOT PAY THEM !!![/b]

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 23, 2003 2:37 pm

From my experience, as a sales person. If you pay them first and then make your complaints, the Will Not care, because they got the money.
What I siggest is, DO NOT pay them, make your complaints.
As soon as the FBI is going to contact them, you will get a phone call and the will scheduale the delivery.
they are not allowed to charge you like that.
The FBI agent can demand from them to deliver the furniture within few days, He can also talk to them about the price, and believe me, they will not charge you that much.
As soon as they will hear that the FBI is on the phone the will do everything they can to deliver you and get the FBI of them.
Again, DO NOT PAY THEM !!!!

let me know how it goes.
:? [/u]
Sales Rep.

Return to “Open Community”