GREAT new site!

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Tyrone

GREAT new site!

Postby Tyrone » Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:43 pm

This is exxxxxtra tight! Love the new message board and website layouts! Keep up the good work Tim, you are kicking some serious butt!

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:58 pm

Thanks Tyrone! Still working out the bugs, and adding some detail content (like the news table on the main web page). I had my computer crash just after I sent out that email yesterday, so it's taking a little bit longer than I thought. :wink:

Tim

SYS

Great Looking Site!!

Postby SYS » Tue Mar 18, 2003 12:53 pm

Great job, Tim!! This is really nice. Thank you for all your hard work.

SYS

SYS

Great Looking Site!!

Postby SYS » Tue Mar 18, 2003 12:55 pm

Great job, Tim!!! Thank you for all your hard work on behalf of so many people.

SYS

SYS

My Apology

Postby SYS » Tue Mar 18, 2003 12:59 pm

Sorry, Tim, for the repetitious messages. I kept getting a "fatal error" message when I push the "Submit" button, and so I thought they weren't going through. But, heck, it ain't bad receiving repetitious praises!!!!!

SYS

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Tue Mar 18, 2003 1:20 pm

Thanks SYS! If you can tell me what web browser you're using (including the version) that may help me track down that bug. Same goes for anyone else who happens to run across this quirky little thing. You can email me directly at tim@movingscam.com.

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

Our team is comprised solely of unpaid volunteers. If you would like to make a donation to our cause you may do so at http://www.movingscam.com/contribute.shtml.

Harry O'Brien

Postby Harry O'Brien » Wed Mar 19, 2003 5:08 pm

Great job on the site!

Also you are coming up great on the search engines this should help people that need the info contained here before they make a big mistake and hire a crooked mover.

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:16 pm

Thanks Harry. As an Internet applications developer, search engines tend to fall into my area of expertise, and the six weeks of sitting in an empty apartment with nothing but a computer, a 13" tv, and a couple of blankets gave me plenty of time to do some homework on the subject. :wink:

Obviously I never wanted to know much about the moving industry, and I certainly didn't want to be able to quote from title 49, or be able to tell you how it effects consumers since it's all written in civil code. In my opinion, consumers should never need to know this. In my opinion, that's what consumers hire a moving company for... to make the move easier, not to get an education in transport law.

The volunteers here have worked hard for nearly two years to get attention focused on the issues facing consumers in the industry, as well as get federal criminal legislation passed that will benefit consumers. Many of the articles in the news section of this web site are either about the volunteers here, or were brought to the attention of the media by the volunteers.

New legislation is being introduced this session in Washington, and we fully expect that consumers will benefit from this.

The last point that I'll make in regards to you kind comment is that it is the intent of this web site to make itself useless. It's sole goal is to remove the reason for it's existence. Consumers shouldn't have to go to a web site like this to find a reputable mover. They should be able to pick up a phone book, make a call, and know that their rights and belongings will be protected. The day that I pull the plug on this web site will be the day that it proves that it was successful.

Sincerely,
Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

SYS

THE RIGHT STUFF

Postby SYS » Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:45 pm

You wrote:

"The last point that I'll make in regards to you kind comment is that it is the intent of this web site to make itself useless. It's sole goal is to remove the reason for it's existence. Consumers shouldn't have to go to a web site like this to find a reputable mover. They should be able to pick up a phone book, make a call, and know that their rights and belongings will be protected. The day that I pull the plug on this web site will be the day that it proves that it was successful."

Tim,

Strange. In my previous job, which was newly created for me, I said something very similar to my boss. I said my job was to get rid of my own position. After close to five years of hard work, I made that possible. Thanks to that, I was unemployeed for three years. My boss got rid of my position, fully knowing that, after my full five years of employment, my retirement investment will double. I had two months to go before my boss cut me loose. My boss is still there while I had to resort to welfare. I never regretted that, though. I never regretted that for the simple reason that what I did was THE RIGHT THING. In this much corrupted world, it's extremely hard to find people who stand for principles in spite of possible losses to themselves. You and I are from entirely different backgrounds, but you and I have the same principles to live by. While poor souls out there are trying to make money by scamming innocent victims, there are people out there doing THE RIGHT THING. To me, that's the only reason why this life is worth living. Doing THE RIGHT THING.

Thanks, Tim. You make so many people proud.

SYS

Return to “Open Community”