Morgantown, WV to Tampa, FL - One bedroom Need help

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
lostfan24

Morgantown, WV to Tampa, FL - One bedroom Need help

Postby lostfan24 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:41 pm

Hi,

In June, 2013 I will be moving from Morgantown, WV to Tampa, FL? Single, one bedroom: Queen bed, recliner, small couch, small table, tv, clothes and kitchen supplies. Im overwhelmed between, relocube, pods, mini moves, navis etc.

Cost estimates <1Grand, 1000-1500, >2Grand?

Let me know, any help is greatly appreciated

-Adam

MusicMom

Re: Morgantown, WV to Tampa, FL - One bedroom Need help

Postby MusicMom » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:35 pm

Have you talked to any full service movers? I know there's not a lot in WV, but Morgantown is pretty big. There has to be someone willing to come to your house to give you an on-site estimate. See how they compare.

Who's given you what price estimate for which services?

lostfan24

Postby lostfan24 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:51 pm

To be honest, I figured since I do not have that much stuff that it would be cheaper to go with the "pods" type of service. Thanks for the advice. I'll search around this website for some good companies within my area.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:39 am

Ok, I just wanted to check if you've considered. On second look at your inventory, it will probably be too little for a full service.

So can you outline the small move companies' estimates?

promover2

Postby promover2 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:36 pm

FYI, most full service movers affiliated with a major van line now offer some kind of container service. I've analyzed the pricing and the van lines are consistently just under or just over PODS and you don't have to wrap, load or unload AND you don't have to assume 100% of the liability for cargo damage. I know Atlas, Allied, North American, United and Mayflower all have this service. And the good thing is that the transit times are much better, typically for WV to FL, you might load on a Monday and have your belongings in 4-6 days more or less.

MarktheMover

Postby MarktheMover » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:55 pm

Pods and relocubes seems to me to be a lot of time spent packing and protecting your stuff. On the other hand, it costs extra to have experienced movers do that for you but for some people it is worth it. The list of names,
Atlas, Allied, North American, United and Mayflower
- these are some reputable folk, and you are sure to find one or two of them just about anywhere.

If you want to save some money and go the pod or relocube route, you will still need boxes and moving blankets, and you will need some help getting the big stuff crammed into the pod. The van lines 'lend' you the blankets for the duration of the move, or at a very low cost, could be a factor.

Return to “Open Community”