Review for JORDAN RIVER MOVING & STORAGE, Kirkland WA

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
rajul23

Review for JORDAN RIVER MOVING & STORAGE, Kirkland WA

Postby rajul23 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:49 pm

We are moving to Florida from Seattle Washington and considering "JORDAN RIVER MOVING & STORAGE". Have any one here had any experience with them? I wanted to know reviews from people who have used their services.

Thanks

MusicMom

Re: Review for JORDAN RIVER MOVING & STORAGE, Kirkland WA

Postby MusicMom » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:20 am

Google their name in quotes and scroll through the first few pages of results. There are both good and bad reviews.

Did they come to your house to see everythi g to be mkved before giving you a quote? How many other movers have you been in touch with? You should get 3-4 estimates to be abke to pick the best one for your needs. Ideally a company with many trucks at their disposal (if an independant) or as part of a van line (to have sister companies to call on in case of problems.

rajul23

Postby rajul23 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:43 pm

Yes they have done the visual estimate. I have been talking to almost 8-9 companies and their quotes are ranging real wide (from 1200-4000 USD). Jordan River has got the better reviews plus they are located in Seattle area i am feeling much comfortable with them. I wanted to know any personal experiences with them.
I would hate see the hidden charges towards the end of the delivery.

Movinghelper

Postby Movinghelper » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:19 pm

I am guessing that the weight you are looking at is around 3500 lbs.
Are all of the weights comparable with all of your estimates. This is a wide spread of dollars. If you want to you can send them to me or post them here for input from the pros for comparison.
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
2. GO WITH IN HOME ESTIMATES ONLY.
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:40 pm

This company looks ok. I checked them out and it looks like they had a revocation back in 2004 but nothing since.

I just wonder why companies that advertise the ProMover and AMSA logo do not fulfill the requirement of having their DOT/MC numbers shown on their website. If you have been in business for 12 years, you would think someone would have mentioned it to them.

They show 18 trucks and 18 drivers, which is a ok. Don't know what kind, if any, agency network they may have, since they are not van line affiliated.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

chptrkrules

Postby chptrkrules » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:59 pm

I'm familar with them. They are Isreali owned and have lost a lot of their fleet the last couple of years.

Isreali owned moving companies scare the crap out of me

NYCMover

Postby NYCMover » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:22 pm

I agree with Movinghelper that $1,200 - $4,000 is a big range and it would be helpful to know how much weight were you quoted for with each estimate?

I also agree with BigLeeCalif - nothing in the public records is jumping out at me as a huge red flag. NOT AT ALL THRILLED to see a small-ish company (by interstate standards) with 19 BBB complaints for the past 3 years; however, their federal record is not the worst.

My take on this - it's possible they happen to have some equipment going in your move's direction at the same time and you're benefitting from that, pricewise. Inasmuch as (1) this looks to be a relatively inexpensive move for a small-sized shipment and (2) you are talking about moving cross-country with a smaller company that is not affiliated with one of the major van lines - be prepared that it could take them a considerable amount of get the shipment out to Florida. Sometimes that's the trade-off when you go with a smaller carrier.

Good luck with your move! :)

rajul23

Postby rajul23 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:24 pm

Thanks for the replies. The shipment I am looking at is around 2400 pounds. And what they (J&R) have quoted me is $2000 all inclusive. I think this is a fair price.

I also couldn't find anything bad about them. Most of all they are in Microsoft's preferred movers list, which is good.

I do agree that they might end up taking little more time than normal. But i think it is better to be late then a fraud.

NYCMover

Postby NYCMover » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:58 pm

Your reasoning seems sound. Please come back to the site after the move is finished and let us know how it went. Tell the company you will be reviewing their performance on this site - it might help keep 'em "on their toes." :wink: Be as specific as you can possibly be, it helps other people to make an informed decision. :)

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:14 pm

It's always a good idea to Google the name of a moving company you're considering plus the word "complaints" or "reviews." As MM says, comments are very mixed. However, there are a substantial number of bad reviews on the Internet, for example here - http://jordan-river-moving.pissedconsumer.com/ - and some of the favorable reviews may have been posted by people friendly to the company. The most common complaint seems to be poor communication and delayed delivery. I think it would be wise to be cautious.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

rajul23

Postby rajul23 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:03 pm

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. I ended up going with Jordan River and it all worked out real smooth for me. They took only 8 days to move my stuff from Seattle to Florida. I had to pay 200 for a shuttle at the destination as the apartment people didn't allow me to have 53feet truck entering the apt complex. But this was not a surprise for me as they had clearly communicated this to me several times when they were quoting the price. they were really friendly and professional. There was no damage what so ever. Infact they didn't charge me anything extra which was really nice.
If I will need a mover in future its definitely going to be JnR.

Thanks guys.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:42 pm

Thanks for coming back to write the review. It's good to have more recent feedback.

Return to “Open Community”