AC White

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
chptrkrules

Re: AC White

Postby chptrkrules » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:22 am

How about we start a Archie story post and he can add new story everyday? :P

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:26 am

chptrkrules wrote:How about we start a Archie story post and he can add new story everyday? :P

Ohhhh, sounds like a lot of work, maybe it would make a good reality tv show? Who would watch that, when they can watch Snooki and the Kardashians?

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:12 am

Because you have the drama without the drama.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:40 pm

drama with a comedic touch
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

aubie2

Postby aubie2 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:10 pm

Archie! Archie!! Archie!!!

NYCMover

Postby NYCMover » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:02 pm

World's thinnest book:

"How I made it on my talent and not my looks," by Kim Kardashian.

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:49 am

NYCMover wrote:World's thinnest book:

Ok, I'll do another story, in the next day or so, you guys are hard to turn down....The next story will have shots fired, but a happy ending.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:44 am

NYCMover wrote:World's thinnest book:

It was tough to fill out all three folds of the pamphlet.

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:03 pm

So it's about 1965, I'm 17-18, I show up for work one Saturday morning, and in the parking lot, I see the wife of one of our guys, she's sitting in the car, I say hello, wave, and go on in.....few minutes later, we hear, pow,pow,pow,pow, 4 or 5 gunshots, we go running out into the parking lot, turns out her husband had not gone home that Friday night (with his paycheck) so she, suspecting foul play the night before, was at his jobsite waiting on him that Saturday morning....she fired 5 or 6 times, in all the confusion, she probably forgot herself, but she only hit him once, with a small caliber shot, in the leg. They took him to the hospital, and her to jail, but within a few hours all was forgiven, bullet removed, charges dropped and they lived happily after....unfortunately, one of the stray bullets hit our large plate glass window and it costs us about $1200 to replace. But the lesson here is for a working man to go home on Friday night, with his check, or face the muzzle of an angry woman's gun.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:20 pm

You mean you weren't like the IRS. If one spouse owes, collect from the one with the paycheck.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:05 am

In the news today, I see that the maker of the so called pink slime has been forced to declare bankruptcy. Reminded me of the old days, mid 60's, when we'd go on a job, sometimes it would be tricky getting the truck parked, so we couldn't just jump in it at lunchtime and go to lunch, too much trouble re-parking the truck. And since there were so few fast food joints back then, we would take our lunches with us. Not having coolers either, meant consuming something that didn't require refrigeration....so our lunches usually consisted of delicacies such as sardines, potted meat, or vienna sausages, with soda crackers, and hose water to wash it down. Sometimes a nice customer would take their car to the store and get us a loaf of bread and some baloney, but not always. To this day, I still love sardines (mustard brine only) but the thought/taste/smell of vienna sausages or potted meat makes me feel the urge to blow chunks. That feeling may have been compounded by the requirement to take our trash with us, and leaving the moist juicy empty cans of mystery meat in the cab of the truck in 105 degree weather for a few hours could not be avoided. Reminds me of the time we left a customers loaded deep freeze on the dock over the July the 4th weekend one time, unplugged.

PaigeHolden

Postby PaigeHolden » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:38 pm

Congratulations Archie!
Paige Holden

John Adams

Postby John Adams » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:32 am

Hey Archie... congratulations! You sound like the kind of guy I could hang out with for a day on a Saturday, fishing on that lake there from the movie
ON GOLDEN POND sipping some coffee and chewing the fat...and listening to some more of those stories!
Do your homework then trust your instincts

Return to “Open Community”