Excellent Quality Movers - Brooklyn, NY. 2 websites? mismatching quotes.

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
hoboking

Excellent Quality Movers - Brooklyn, NY. 2 websites? mismatching quotes.

Postby hoboking » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:52 pm

Hi.

I put up my move this month on citymove.com. A bid I recieved was from Excellent Quality Movers for $110 per hour for 3 guys and a truck plus $110 for travel. The site they list on citymove is http://www.moverny.com/

however, a quick google search brought me to:

http://eqmovers.com/default.aspx

which lists them at $85 an hour for 3 guys and a truck plus half month for travel ($42.5).

both of these websites list the same address in their contact pages.

this is looking a bit shady to me. does anyone have any advice? they seem to have good reviews everywhere but i'm already a bit put off doing a minimum amount of digging.

Thanks in advance

Movinghelper

Re: Excellent Quality Movers - Brooklyn, NY. 2 websites? mismatching quotes

Postby Movinghelper » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:46 pm

Try the superlist above for your area. It should servce you best.
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
2. GO WITH IN HOME ESTIMATES ONLY.
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

hoboking

Postby hoboking » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:53 pm

thanks for the tip but doesn't address my question at all....

most of the info on the superlist is outdated (>5 years old) and the selection is really limited for the nyc area. It seems there are only 2 reasonable movers on it (all star and shea) but both are booked up.

does anyone have any experience with these guys?

NYCMover

Postby NYCMover » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:38 am

I believe that what Movinghelper is trying to tell you is that based upon what you have already posted, you should look elsewhere for your mover. There are dozens and dozens of decent movers in the NYC area where there are no such discrepancies (such as 2 different links to 2 different websites and different quoted rates for the same company at the same address) to be found.

If you are really dead set on going further with EQ Movers, call their rep and ask him the same thing you asked us. Let him explain why this is. If you get a weak explanation, you know it's time to move on...

Good luck with your move! :)

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:45 pm

You could ask both All Star and Shea to recommend other companies.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

PaigeHolden

Postby PaigeHolden » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:56 am

Also, the Superlist can be a bit misleading when it comes to metropolitan areas. A lot of good movers have operations just outside NYC. You can call movers that are in North Jersey, Long Island and Westchester as well.
Paige Holden

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:43 pm

If you're showing 2 movers at the same address with different rates, I would ask them about it.

I agree with the assessment of the superlist. It only gets updated when there are new reviews, and most people with successful moves don't come back here.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Return to “Open Community”