North American Van Lines: delayed delivery claims?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
dkarp

North American Van Lines: delayed delivery claims?

Postby dkarp » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:15 pm

Does anyone have experience with getting a partial refund from North American Van Lines for late delivery?

I'm told that some other national moving companies let you file a per-diem request with corporate (e.g. United Van Lines), but North American's customer service insists that they don't do such a thing. Is this true, or are they just trying to brush me off despite the delivery being almost 3 weeks late?

BigLeeCalif

Re: North American Van Lines: delayed delivery claims?

Postby BigLeeCalif » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:47 am

I'm not sure about NAVL but the van line I work with requires the weight to be over 3500 lbs before they will consider delay claims.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:34 am

Normally the reimbursement is for hotel cost for what you spent, supported by receipts. It isn't a partial refund for services rendered.

It does have to be over 3500 lbs, as Lee mentioned.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:01 pm

One thing I forgot to mention. Acts of God/Nature are exempt from delay claims. If your shipment was during the recent window of disasters, tornaados, floods, fires, etc, the carrier wouldn't be liable for delay claims on shipments that they couldn't deliver because of factors beyond their control.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Michael

Postby Michael » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:53 pm

NAVL, does like they said if over 3500. If not over 3500 they could do a good faith reimbursement, but thats up to the agent, not the van line.
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget

Return to “Open Community”