AQMS Affordable Quality Moving Mayflower Santa Clarita, CA

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
JJR

AQMS Affordable Quality Moving Mayflower Santa Clarita, CA

Postby JJR » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:19 am

Ok, because we need a couple of months of storage, we are leaning towards AQMS out of Santa Clarita, CA. They offer 2 months free, in doors. That would have cost us another $9K with NorthAmerican. AQMS is a 5 star Mayflower franchise.

Anyone with first hand knowledge about them? I can only find good reviews, but that is not a bad thing.

Thanks for you help.

ArchieWhite

Re: AQMS Affordable Quality Moving Mayflower Santa Clarita, CA

Postby ArchieWhite » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:33 am

JJR wrote:Ok, because we need a couple of months of storage, we are leaning towards AQMS out of Santa Clarita, CA. They offer 2 months free, in doors. That would have cost us another $9K with NorthAmerican. AQMS is a 5 star Mayflower franchise.

Anyone with first hand knowledge about them? I can only find good reviews, but that is not a bad thing.

Thanks for you help.

Free storage? Wonder how they pay their rent/mortgage?

JJR

Postby JJR » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:48 pm

It is only 2 months free, so they get it from those that are there longer then 2 months, which seems more then a few. Their rates after the 2 months is not cheap.

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:04 pm

JJR wrote:It is only 2 months free, so they get it from those that are there longer then 2 months, which seems more then a few. Their rates after the 2 months is not cheap.

Wonder if they ever adjust claims to compensate for 'free' stuff? If say half your storage was free, do they only pay half the claim for loss and damage?

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:18 pm

Welcome to the Lets Make A Deal environment of pricing in Southern California! 30 Days free SIT used to be the norm, but evidently AQMS is taking that up a notch.

I'm guessing your other bid is from Speedwell. Doesn't hurt to tell them what AQMS offered and go from there.

Archie - Movers here are doing it to get the SIT p/u, move and extra services. Frustrating but what all our competitors are doing!

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:28 pm

Nancy wrote:Welcome to the Lets Make A Deal environment of pricing in Southern California! 30 Days free SIT used to be the norm, but evidently AQMS is taking that up a notch.

I'm guessing your other bid is from Speedwell. Doesn't hurt to tell them what AQMS offered and go from there.

Archie - Movers here are doing it to get the SIT p/u, move and extra services. Frustrating but what all our competitors are doing!

Oh, I know, I'm just being a wiseguy. Movers must truly be the dumbest animals on Earth.

JJR

Postby JJR » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:24 pm

See my latest post under AQMS Affordable Quality Moving Storage under Report a scam. Regardless how hard I tried, they are still trying to screw me.

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20900

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:17 am

Was your original contract a Guaranteed Not to Exceed? Is the only difference on the weight? If they gave a non-binding estimate, they are allowed to collect based on the actual weight and services rendered.

I'm not sure if Mayflower has pricing restrictions in August, you mentioned the earlier moving date causing the price to go up. If you have them hold the shipment until September, would the transportation cost go back down?

In terms of WHERE your goods are stored while there, that agency is entirely liable whether it is on the warehouse floor or in a trailer.

I would contact the owner of AQMS, Casey Kirkman, and get him involved.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:05 pm

I remember when the only time you got free storage was in long term you would pay for 11 months, and get the 12th month free. It didn't matter much to the 1 - 2 vault customers, but those large shipments - $500 saving for that 12th month wasn't chump change.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

wood5150

Postby wood5150 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Something sounds fishy here. How can North American be $9K more for the same service? Did North American walk from the move and price itself from the job? Did Mayflower waive drayage in, full pack, warehouse handling and two months free? $9 K is a ton of $$$$. Something was missed here or it's not apples to apples.

Looks like Mayflower is working with this shipper and is doing the 'right' thing here. Classic COD sale rep miss too. Just my two cents.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:33 pm

It is only 2 months free, so they get it from those that are there longer then 2 months, which seems more then a few. Their rates after the 2 months is not cheap

They offer 2 months free, in doors. That would have cost us another $9K with NorthAmerican.

Are you comparing apples to apples here?

I fail to see how 9k difference in estimates from 2 van lines are that far apart. There are totally price moves less than 9k.

Companies don't recoup lost revenue from granting free storage to others by so
they get it from those that are there longer then 2 months,
. Lost revenue is lost revenue, as I'm sure Archie can vouch for. Most business usually compensate for lost revenue by raising prices on other services or products. Movers can't raise storage charges every time they grant free storage. If it is used as a selling tool, then the company will just chalk it up to the cost of doing business. Some feel that the revenue from the other part of the job will offset the loss of the free storage.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

wood5150

Postby wood5150 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:20 am

Big Cliff,

Shipper said North America was $9 K more comparing the original estimates to Mayflower. That's large difference for the same service. I could be missing something. Regardless estimated weight at 20,000+ when actual went 25,000. Assumming sale rep is working for free for the next two weeks. In the end Mayflower did what the pros do - Made it right.

Return to “Open Community”