**Imperial Movers NYC

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Jess NYC

**Imperial Movers NYC

Postby Jess NYC » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:47 am

It's been several years since anyone posted a review here. Are there any more recent comments about Imperial Movers for a NYC nove. I'm only going 5 blocks but need a full service mover. Imperial was recommended by a couple of realtors and there is nothing negative posted at the BBB. Thanks!

Rick

Re: Imperial Movers NYC

Postby Rick » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:24 am

Removed
Last edited by Rick on Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:01 pm

Realtors will not send you to a lousy company; that reflects poorly on them. I think you'd be OK.

rydog444

Postby rydog444 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:51 pm

MusicMom wrote:Realtors will not send you to a lousy company; that reflects poorly on them. I think you'd be OK.

You'd be suprised
My job is to give the best domestic and international moving services to my corporate clients by using the best movers in the world, regardless of vanline affiliation.

Jess NYC

Postby Jess NYC » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:03 am

Thanks! I'm getting estimates from them and Allstate (recommended here). I will add feedback as I have it.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:15 am

You mean Allstar?

Jess NYC

Postby Jess NYC » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:18 am

Yes. Movers really should come up with more creative names. :-)

Jess NYC

Postby Jess NYC » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:20 am

Just a post mortem....I did hire Imperial and had a relatively flawless move within NYC. They were not as impressive in the estimate process as All Star but the price was about 40% lower overall. Imperial had no complaints with the NYS DOT or the BBB. They were very diligent about staying in touch, answering my many questions and assuading my fear about hiring the lowest bidder. They did a full service move for a one bedroom apartment. They packed us within 3 hours, arrived each day on time and were very professional and friendly. Nothing was broken or missing. They even dealt with our building's annoying restrictions without complaint. The only negative is that the unpacking was a little chaotic. Things were really left all over the place. But, I'm not sure it is realistic to think it would be done any other way. A coworker hired them the subsequent week and had a similarly satisfying experience. I would def hire them again and think they're a good choice for local only, NYC moves. Hope that helps someone!

MusicMom

Re: **Imperial Movers NYC

Postby MusicMom » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:39 am

Thank you very much for coming back to write your review. Glad it all went well!

reneen

Re: **Imperial Movers NYC

Postby reneen » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:01 pm

do NOT use this company. save your money and go someplace else trust me. i scheduled a move out and move in on 2 separate days and after the final leg of the move they tried to get me to pay more money. i said i have a quote and estimate for flat rate moving why are you trying to get me to pay per hour now??? no one knew what they were talking about and they kept transferring me around to different people. lastly, they broke our coffee table which was $5,000 and offered no reimbursement or any assistance whatsoever in filing a claim with their insurance company. they did not care at all that it came in completely shattered and until today, over a month after my move they have not reached out to try to accommodate us in any way. save your stuff, and your money and take it elsewhere. they will be very nice and helpful in the beginning to try and get you in as a customer. dont fall for the trap.

P.s. they still demanded a 20% tip even after the coffee table incident and me going back and forth on the price of the estimate after it was already signed. Roy, the manager was so unhelpful. Mario was our initial representative and of course was no where to be found the day we were moving into our new apartment. additionally, according to my quote and what we discussed they were supposed to unpack my boxes. this is what i PAID for. they did not unpack anything and left my apartment a complete disaster. i was 7 months pregnant at the time and specifically reiterated to Mario when he was giving me the quote that i wanted a full service package where i dont have to pack or unpack anything. he reassured me that i would not be lifting a finger. ended up with horrible back pains for 2 weeks after.

Return to “Open Community”