**Can someone recommend a local mover in the Charlotte, NC area?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
indifferent

**Can someone recommend a local mover in the Charlotte, NC area?

Postby indifferent » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:43 pm

I'm planning a relatively small, short local move in Concord, NC. This shouldn't be a big deal. But after a bad experience with local movers, I'm nervous about the choice.

Please don't mention "Two Men and a Truck". I've used them, and while the price was good, I hated the experience. Hated it.

When I moved here from NY, I had a very good experience with Security Relocation Group, which is the local Atlas agent for the Charlotte, NC area. But SRG was just the destination agent; I didn't use them for the whole move.

SRG quoted me $1,368, which is really high, considering it's just a move from a 2-bedroom apartment (with an extra rented 1-car garage full of stuff). Their minimum charge is for 8 hours, which at $155/hour means I'll definitely pay them at least $1,240. I've moved twice in the past year and a half, and I know it only takes two guys 5 or 6 hours (at most) to handle it, and that's being somewhat generous. SRG will be using three guys.

MikeLitt3810

Re: Can someone recommend a local mover in the Charlotte, NC area?

Postby MikeLitt3810 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:56 am

Ok I have an idea for a lower cost local move. U haul rents out trucks and they as well rent out helpers to load and unload you're truck. It's just an idea. I do hope you get pointed in the right way.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:54 pm

kat569

Postby kat569 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:06 pm

Also avoid Moving Made Easy, they claim to be licensed and insured in NC but they are NOT. A friend of mine learned this the hard way - and she is STILL trying to get his insurance info, because he almost destroyed an antique piano AND damaged her brick stairs at her house in the process. No insurance info means no claim can be filed - and he gets off scot-free. I do not recommend them to anybody!!

Return to “Open Community”