Can I say Yeah Me!! (hope you dont mind my bragging a little) ;)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
smatwilly

Can I say Yeah Me!! (hope you dont mind my bragging a little) ;)

Postby smatwilly » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:54 pm

Each month they do the top 100 salesperson for NAVL - cod/hhg--I usually end up around 79-88 - this year was the first time I hit the first page! #35---- 8) :oops: We are a small agency so there is no way I can imagine I will ever be in the top 20 -- I guess Im just glad in this day to be in business & booking moves! :roll:

This also shows some of the major bookers with NAVL - Beltman, Ward, Univerity, Rainbow - all top quality companies----the ones with the money to buy Sirva-----

NORTH AMERICAN - MOVING SERVICES DIVISION
SALESPERSON TOP 100 REPORT
CONSUMER LOADED SHIPMENTS
LOADED SHIPMENTS
Year-to-date Through August 2008
Run Date: 09/07/08 PGM:NVLTP100
35 Sherry Williams, Central Maine 0 54 225,698

[Edited by MovingScam moderator 10/14/08 to remove confidential revenue figures and salespersons' names.]

BigLeeCalif

Re: Can I say Yeah Me!! (hope you dont mind my bragging a little) ;)

Postby BigLeeCalif » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:03 pm

If i'm reading the numbers right, another 60k would put you in the top 20
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

smatwilly

Postby smatwilly » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:19 pm

BigLee---actually that is too bad----not to sound like the glass is half full but I dont see it happening. Although I will say-last October I only booked 6 inter NAVL moves & this October already I have 13 on the books---one we are finishing unloading in CT (self haul 15K) Maybe its doable------------ :shock: You think?! :D My father would be shocked!!! The sales were always in his name over the past 20 yrs---they just never changed it from when they used the salesperson soc sec # - This is the first yr its actually in my name. Can you imagine putting your sales code as your ss # !! :?: :?:

bigmove

Postby bigmove » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:27 pm

Do they have national account rankings?

bosoxfan

Postby bosoxfan » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:10 pm

I am blown away that Morgan Moving and Storage were #2 and #4 since they are from a very, very small agent based in Pottstown, PA (about 35 miles north of Philadelphia) and considering they have very few drivers that haul long distance - mostly straight trucks in their fleet.

Nice job - Sherry

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:27 pm

and thanks for the list, I've not my top notch re-cruiters working it right now...... :roll:

aubie2

Postby aubie2 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:30 pm

Nice job!

Techsan93

Postby Techsan93 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:43 pm

Sherry, congrats! That is a very nice accomplishment! Keep up the great work you are doing a great job holding up the family name! 8)

T

P.S. If any of those top 31 are in Austin please PM me, I am looking for a good COD person down there! :D

smatwilly

Postby smatwilly » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:52 am

Bigmove--yes, they have National Account Top 100 Salesperson as well---We are a very teeny tiny part of NA's - We have about 4 & thats it---we certainly dont have a salesperson for NA's--that would be me too.

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Techscan--I was in Texas once -- boot camp!!! UGH!! At San Antonio---

Its surprising to see some of the agents are the smaller ones---although most of the top salespersons are from Beltmann, Ward, A1 Freeman, University.

The top salesperson, Andy Mento actually doesnt go on the road--he has ads in magazines for affiliations, groups----like NRA- National Rifle Assoc--that offer members up to a certain amount off with free DVP - he sends the leads to the agents in the area the person is moving from & we do the estimate, book the move & he splits the booking--it goes under his belt though--He's a good guy.

Eevee

Postby Eevee » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:25 pm

Sirva Relo bought Allied, North American, and Global. The moving companies did not buy one another or the Relo co. Sell your services correctly.

weem

Postby weem » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:29 pm

Eevee wrote:Sirva Relo bought Allied, North American, and Global. The moving companies did not buy one another or the Relo co. Sell your services correctly.

Read your posts correctly----she did not say that they purchased Sirva---only that they potentially had the financial ability to do so.

chaz4moving

Postby chaz4moving » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:38 am

Picky, picky. I believe Sherry may have actually meant northAmerican Van Lines. I have notices that those connected with with northAmerican or Allied sometimes use SIRVA when speaking about one of the van lines. I believe most of us probably read her post as meaning northAmerican Van Lines and did not give it a second thought. The important thing is that Sherry has done extremely well with her consumer sales this year. We are all proud of her for this accomplishment.

smatwilly

Postby smatwilly » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:57 pm

EEvee---The regulars are correct--they knew what I was saying--I said those are the agents that have the money to buy---actually, Sirva does not own NAVL, Global or Allied-JP Morgan does - soooo, you might want to get your posts straight! :lol:

Thanks Chaz---very kind of you! :D Enjoy CA!!!! Can you take me in your suitcase---I can get shipped from Bangor Int'l Airport to Logan & they eventually to CA--please dont forget to pick me up at baggage claim---bring a little oxygen please-- :wink:

BillAdams

Postby BillAdams » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:13 pm

Way to go Sherry! Next goal should definately be top 20.
Are these numbers gross sales, linehaul only, or other?
Thanks.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones that you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
-Mark Twain

smatwilly

Postby smatwilly » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:29 pm

Thanks so much Bill! October is going great so far -- Im hoping I can move up a little---top 20 is a great goal to shoot for-----wanna help me get there? Send me a couple of your moves!! :wink:

Bill--I am not actually sure---I want to say l/h but I could be wrong---I have never bothered to even ask----I forgot all about the top 100 for the past few months & just happened to see it again. I think its interesting though because alot of the numbers of booked moves below me are a lot higher-----my guess is their discounts must be quite a bit higher than ours -

Return to “Open Community”